My car may be a lemon - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My car may be a lemon

Well my car has been hating me lately. At first I attributed it to the cold weather, but more and more I'm thinking my car just hates me.

It has been in the shop 3 times for the right rear brake squeeking.

It has been in the shop 2 times for a messed up idle which was never actually fixed by them. It's about to go back in for the same problem again.

The clutch was acting weird so I had them put the TSB clutch in. now the TSB clutch sounds like a tractor after I take my car to 6500+ for more than 20 seconds. Coming to a stop when I put the clutch in I get a loud high pitched "whhhrrrrr" noise.

I don't really know the laws for Lemon, but apparently in CA they favor the consumer pretty heavily. I love my car but the more times it goes in to the shop, the more OASIS and CARFAX reports get gunked up. I am tired of little problems I seamingly inherited from the original owners.

Does anybody have any recommendation for a lawyer, or any general recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42985
What I Drive: 14' CLA250 , 05 S2000

FF Reputation: 12 CT SVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i would go to another dealer first. brakes should of been a easy fix. lemon is when the same problem hasn't been fix but it has to have to same readings and valve for the testing. say your the 1st time they replace the ica for idle problems and it was fix but them you come back saying its started to idle funny againe and they find that egr is always open so them the lemon will not work. it has to be the same part going bad 3 time them you can call up a layer for lemon.
    Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
all grown up

Points 11,191, Level 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Apparently the number of times it has to be in the dealership before it can be considered a lemon is actually a rumor. If the car has an issue one time and it is not fixed, they will try and come to some kind of an agreement with Ford. The agreement usually ends up with Ford taking it up the ass since it would cost more for them to hire lawyers than it would to just buy back the car. I don't usually support lawsuits like this cause I can't stand ambulence chasers, but in this case I'm REALLY tired of my car F-ing up and not receiving the proper correction from the dealership.

The idle problem required me to have a rental car for 5 days, which actually broke down on my causing me to have to call a tow truck and use one of my two free tows from AAA. After I got the car back and it continued to idle strangely, I took it back again...and had a rental car again. I got tired of having rental cars after 2 times. Then I got the car back and it continued to have the same problem.

For the brakes, I took it in, and they cleaned the rotors and pads. After that the same brake started squeeling again. So I took it in again and they resurfaced the pads and the rotor. 1000 miles later, it is squeeling just as bad as ever. It is loud enough to drone out most semi-trucks that are next to me.

For the clutch, I am going to assume it sounds like a tractor because it still needs to be broken in...but if it blows on me, I'll drive the car off a cliff.

My car was umber 9XX/1XXX made in 2004. Pablo must have been discouraged when he reached the halfway point!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
WWTPD?

Fan#: 42684
What I Drive: 2008 Lightning Red STi

FF Reputation: 31 DFv2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Whats causing the bad idle? Fuel, timing or ECU type issue?

If you just got the rotor turned down, I would just get new pads and be done with it. Be sure you know how to properly bed in your pads - and on that note are you breaking the clutch properly? I dont suppose your getting it "up to 6500" too often during this breakin period..are you?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10752
What I Drive: 2004 silver SVT 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 focusjosh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
def.. dont rev that high if you still breaking the clutch in , you can really feel how different the clutch is when its broke in, from brand new... also sucks with all your issues... i hope you get them fixed good luck bud!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
It almost sounds like you have incompetant mechanics.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,306, Level 100
Points: 33,306, Level: 100 Points: 33,306, Level: 100 Points: 33,306, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
wow that sucks to hear your having problems, but i say break in your clutch properly, 1st 1k miles and if its still bad bring it back
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
all grown up

Points 11,191, Level 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Unfortunately I had to drive to LA the first day I had my car back and sitting in traffic, then the next day I was in a hurry to get somewhere so I had to drive fast. The mechanic didn't say anything about breaking in the clutch so it slipped my mind. The clutch has probably 450 miles on it now so it should be at least somewhat broken in. As far as the brake pads go, the old one's were squeeking, so I had them replaced with new ones. The new one's squeek worse (still just the right rear). So something is not right with them. The idle issue is beyond ford's technical knowledge. I temporarily fixed the problem by removing the IACV and cleaning it, but the problem seems to come back every few weeks. It's gettin really really really really old.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44125
What I Drive: 2005 CD silver ZX3 SES MTX

FF Reputation: 1 Dreamtec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT is a sporty car. People abuse it and beat the crap out of it before they sell it. Just so u know.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #10
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,306, Level 100
Points: 33,306, Level: 100 Points: 33,306, Level: 100 Points: 33,306, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
^his car has under 36k on it when he bought it, it has 36k now so
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.