Warranty Info Wanted (SVT specific) Extended worth it? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41499
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver 5 Door SVT

FF Reputation: 1 TheMac Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Warranty Info Wanted (SVT specific) Extended worth it?

Alright my 3/36k ends at the end of next month (I am assuming the warranty starts from the day the car is built, please correct me if I am wrong). I have 24,000 on it now. I bought the car at the beginning of December. I have had no issues with anything with the car, and previous owner took great care of it. Because my car is an 2004 it has the 100k warranty on it, does anyone know exactly what that covers, or a link to somewhere that has specfic infomation about what is and what is not covered. I would like to get the extended warrenty, but I am moving next month for a new job and basically won't have any cash for awhile, and really don't want to have to ask the rents to loan me more money. It seems like the most common thing to go is the clutch on the SVTs, and I know that is not covered by any warranty. Also what does the extended warranty cover? (I am talking about the Ford one, not a 3rd party). I am mainly concerned about the engine/transmission, most any minor part or problem I can fix myself, and would perfer to fix myself.

Basically any info on what the SVT 100k warranty specfically covers, and what is covered under the Ford extended warranty, is what I am looking for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2007, 03:05 AM   #2
See that video?

Fan#: 10643
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wakeboardjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
it's the extended powertrain warranty. So if you tranny or your engine go they are covered. I don't know what else falls into this catagory. I believe it's $50 or so to transfer the powertrain warranty if the car came with it.
SVT Squad #162

"I'm the dude!"
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41299
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 3 eventerke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Here you go:
https://www.genuineservice.com/genui...remiumCare.pdf

I'm considering extending my 75k warr out to 100k. Don't know how important it would be on a 2004, I have all the service records on my 2002 and there were alot of little things fixed under the warr. Next up is a clutch master cylinder.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The warranty starts the day the car enter service, not when it's built.

I think another warranty would be a waste. I have used the powertrain warranty a few times and Ford has stood behind it well. And I have fixed the little shit myslef (leaking T-stat, alternator).

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41499
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver 5 Door SVT

FF Reputation: 1 TheMac Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Really the only thing I am concerned about breaking is in the powertrain, because that stuff is really the only thing I don't want to have to fix. Everything else is pretty cut and dry, and aside from a couple of SVT specific parts (cluster, aux gauges etc) the normal focus parts have to be easy to come by, and relatively cheap to fix.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33718
What I Drive: '04 CompO SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 4 unfknrl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine's about to end (>200 miles) and I pondered the same thing. Only thing I was worried about having to fix is covered under the 5/100K powertrain warranty. I'd say at the least, make sure that get's put under your name if it isn't already.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
I'M BACK!!!!

Fan#: 10693
What I Drive: 2003 SVT EAP / 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8t

FF Reputation: 6 jstuver Good Standing Member
well if you know how to repair a car i would say no dont get it- but if you dont have the knowledge or the time/money i would definatley recommend it- i have used my 100k premium care warranty several times and has saved thousands and thousands of dollars in repair costs. so i would recommend it to anyone that has an svt- just because fo all the things that can go wrong-- also take into to account murphy's law
Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Exactly, make sure it's transfered.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #9
I'M BACK!!!!

Fan#: 10693
What I Drive: 2003 SVT EAP / 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8t

FF Reputation: 6 jstuver Good Standing Member
hope you make the right choice-- also i think you get a refund on the warranty if you dont end up using it or you get a different car so i think you cant go wrong by getting it-- also i dont think the tranny is included in the regular powertrain warranty i believe it only covers the engine
Old 02-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33718
What I Drive: '04 CompO SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 4 unfknrl Good Standing Member
Ford's Powertrain Limited Warranty does cover both the engine and transmission.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.