Need some help!! The 2 TSB's on all SVT's???? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40009
What I Drive: 2004 Black 4-door Euro SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 0 Venomus Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Need some help!! The 2 TSB's on all SVT's????

So, my 04 SVT has officially lost the shield for the cat. converter and the mount is completely broken and the clutch is making the horrible noise when out and goes away when in. I'm a pretty good mechanic myself and have built a few cars in my time and could do it all myself, but technically it's still under the 7 year 75K warranty, but out of the 3 year 36K warranty. I called my dealership (svt and saleen dealer) and argued for about 15 minutes with the service manager on the difference between a TSB and a re-call. He pretty much insulted my intelligence over and over telling me things i knew weren't correct. My question is to you guys that have had the TSB's done, how did you get them to do it for free? I'm not looking to scam them here, i just want my car to stop rattling and making noises, it's kinda embarrasing because I keep my car clean and it only has 40K on the odometer and it still looks like it has 10K or less. Any help would be appreciated. I am dealing with Russ Milne Ford in Michigan, so if anyone here in MI has done it, all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Read all about it in the SVT Owners Lounge
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33718
What I Drive: '04 CompO SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 4 unfknrl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
read this post if you haven't

Any one who got there clutch tsb covered by powertrain or premium care warranty
Old 02-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 23694
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ckisner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i've had bad experiences with russ milne. i bought my svt from jerome duncan on van dyke. i've always had good service from them. although, now they're not jerome duncan anymore. they just recently changed owners so i can't comment on the current service. so, basically, i'm no help.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16697
What I Drive: 2004 Blue SVT ZX3

Points 694, Level 13
Points: 694, Level: 13 Points: 694, Level: 13 Points: 694, Level: 13
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 GonePostal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I guess that it just depends on the dealership. I had over 14,000 miles on mine when I had the clutch TSB done. All I did was notify the service advisor that I was noticing an unexplained rattling when releasing my clutch. I mentioned that the sound was more pronounced while in my garage due to the enclosed area making the rattling more pronounced. Once I mentioned that I had heard about a TSB on the SVT clutches, the problem was taken care of.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44616
What I Drive: 2001 L, 2010 Tahoe, 2007 Warrior

FF Reputation: 3 Dusten Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A TSB isn't done free, unless under warranty. It is just a service bulletin to help the tech fix a known problem.
2001 Ebony Black Ford Lightning #2401 425hp 552 ft/lbs
2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT - Stock
2007 Yamaha Warrior Midnight Edition, low dark and loud

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.