RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE. Let's get EVERYONE on this. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36804
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVT_CLARITY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE. Let's get EVERYONE on this.

Ok, there are definately rattles in our cars. Some that come from factory. Whether it be a heat sheild or that blasted flywheel. Let's get a comprehensive fix thread going.

List these with your posts: (Please keep posts as only this pertinent information. If you have questions, PM the poster if it is not relevant for everyone)

Rattles you've noticed
Fixes for that rattle
Location of the rattle
cost
description of noise
parts bought and store/site found

Reason being, we all have rattles. I have recently come into quite a bit of money through my new job, and debated buying a MazdaSpeed3 or 07 Mini Cooper S or EVO MR, regardless, i've decided i do indeed like my car, but the rattles and some of the chincy cheapness of it bothers me. I'm looking to fix the flywheel rattle, any heat shield rattles, lower road noise, etc etc. Cost doesn't matter. This is information for everyone. I'm sure this will be a VERY useful forum for SVT maintenance. Let's tap the great minds of all the Focus Fanatics subscribers.

Keep warm everybody
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 31421
What I Drive: 2012 Mustang GT Premium

FF Reputation: 11 xp0s3d Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
when something in my car rattles, I punch it and it stops lol, is that useful to anyone?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8558
What I Drive: 2002 SVT CD Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 tazz3131 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
ok so ive got something that makes noise and drives me nuts when the radio is off, on the passenger side where the door/plastic comes together with the glovebox thingy plastic, wwell it rubs or somethign and makes this annoying noise just barly loud enough to hear but all i have to do to fix the problem is hit the passenger door from the insides and it stops for about 2 mins lol so thats my rattle its annoying, and my change in cup holders rattle at about 3k-4k lol some hwere in there thats kinda scary some times
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36872
What I Drive: 2002 Black w/blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Jason2o Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
All my rattles were part of the header,cat heatshields and 1 was the cat bracket that was broken and rattling.

After that no Noises. untill i blew the pp and now im running a fidanza. moderate chatter.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Just the interior trim, especially during sharp cornering. Also wind noise. But that's probably because of my own stupid fault, for removing the foam insulation material from the side mirrors when I was replacing them. In any case none of it bothers me, because 99% of the time I'm listening to music.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
lower passenger door inside trim...drives me crazy...and some rattle noise from the back seat too???? never looked into it yet.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10638
What I Drive: 2004 Black zx5 svt

FF Reputation: 1 tnealley Good Standing Member
Every thing in the car rattles ERRRRRRR but i only hear it in the morning
Old 02-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42985
What I Drive: 14' CLA250 , 05 S2000

FF Reputation: 12 CT SVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
half shaft carrier bearing. they make noise which is normal for the focus but if it sounds like a bad hub bearing it should be replace. i have 65k and i have no interior rattles. it all stock only mod is a steeda sts
Old 02-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42614
What I Drive: 2005 flame red srt-4

FF Reputation: 1 rnrbldrlvr24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have a rattle that I don't know where its coming from or what it is.. But its when I rev my engine and after it starts 2 go down I hear a rattle anyone know what it could b?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
CloudNine88's Man

Fan#: 39225
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 SVT Blk;'08 Mazdaspeed3 Blu

FF Reputation: 32 Focistang85 Great Standing Member
Rattle:Clamp for Catalytic converter broke.

Fix:Removed the side of the bracket broken and use it as more of a guide than a mount.

If I'm helpful, give me a REP Point. Click the little silver scale at the bottom of my username panel.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.