Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Push button start anyone?

8K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  ThaKillerKlown 
#1 ·
Had this when I got the car just wondering if anyone else has one? I figured it was a SVT thing when I got it as I've seen cigarette lighters there in every other one I've seen but now I'm not sure lol

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, good to know. It's just installed really well, lights up and sits flush and I usually don't see people doing that good of a job on something so small so I thought it was manufacturer installed lol

#5 ·
I like it. Just one of those little things that makes a big difference in awesomeness

#6 ·
can you get some closer pictures of it? I wonder if it's the same push button start installed into the Honda S2000? Looks great!

#7 ·
Ya definitely, I'll put em up later today

#20 ·
I was at a "car show" many years ago and some guy had a train horn in the back of his truck, when he blew it I actually saw a shockwave, lol. The guy was trying to egg on a cop that was sitting across the lot watching... but he didn't move.

I like that I can use it for my regular horn, and all of it was 8 bucks. I've gotten some confused "double takes" from people when I use it. The C note is the one that's hard to find, they're in the junkyard you have to know what car to look in. If I recall the 80's Park Avenues, with the reverse opening hood, have all of them with easy access. After '99 or 2000 Cadillac/Buick went to normal horns.

Youtube "Focus with Cadillac horn", that's mine.

#25 ·
I didn't read the whole thread to see where a relay is mentioned, the OP didn't use one.

You would want a relay IF you are using a switch without much power capacity, like a "micro switch" type for electronics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.