Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New shift knob

6K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Jack The Ripper 
#1 ·
I recently bought a cheap one from AutoZone but the screws ate away at the cheap plastic when screwing it in and now the knob just kinda sits there and wobbles around. Are there any aftermarket knobs that screw right onto the stock shaft?

#3 ·
most mustang knobs fit, and the new ST knob fits. I also think subaru and VW have the same thread pitch, but I'm not 100% on that

#5 ·
#8 ·
Anarchy motive knobs and Twmperformance knobs are pretty good. I've had both and was pleased. The anarchy one is all metal and threads right on. It's actually geared towards subaru owners as the owner of the company drives one I believe.

#18 ·
Are there any knobs that you should stay away from as far as heat is concerned? I like the Boss black one that Jack The Ripper posted above. It is made of "resin". Is that plastic? Any weight to it? I also like the black Steeda knob, but I think the metal insert on top will be brutal in the Texas summer.

#21 ·
I really like the non leather Mondeo knob! It is the correct 6 speed configuration and looks ergonomically similar to the one on the mtx focus. No pencil neck stem. Does it matter if it is "lift reverse spring" or not? I can just ditch the spring and screw it on? Anyone seen/ done this? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.