Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sparco/racing seat brackets... Just not right...

15K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  NotReal 
#1 ·
I got my sparcos in but they sit to low with the racing seat brackets... Actually not happy with them at all... Has anyone ever tried modifying the stock brackets where the butt of the chair mounts because I think that's what I'm going to do...

This way I can still use the driver side hieght adjustment and also don't have to use the sliders from the sparcos if I can still use the factory slider...

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Posted via FF Mobile Not sure on the modifications, but of course they going to sit lower, they racing seats. And your going from the wonderful command seating arrangement in the focus. Good luck, they were nice seats.

#4 ·
Easy enough im just going to weld them to the factory seat mounts using some angle steel we have here at Pratt and Whitney... Monday I'll have them in the car and my racing seats will sit at the exact same height of the factory ones.

#6 ·
You'll have to get used to the lower seating position. I did when I had seats in my car. I wouldn't trust rigging them up to the stock brackets. They are angled differently and the seats bolt up way different than any after market seat does. After a while you won't even notice that you sit lower, and it will feel normal, and then when you get into a stock focus you'll be like whoa its a monster truck lol

#7 ·
The seats in a focus are high in the cockpit, but Ford probably had many reasons for that.

Use the after market brackets, and get used to the height, or lack of. You will be glad you did.

#9 ·
4 Bolts hold the bottom of our stock seats... Trust me with what I'm doing it will be safe... I'm not an engineer for PWA for no reason... Safe and extremely functional that's what I want plus we have the best welders in the world and I'll bolt them aswell

#12 ·
I Did it today took a little work and alot of measurements... I recommend using the aftermarket brackets... i had maybe 4 1/2 inches over the aftermarket brackets and almost 1/3 less then the stock seats height. It wasnt to bad but i would just say buy aftermarket brackets because what i did took me 7 hours..

#14 ·
To each their own... I enjoy my eyes being center to the windshield.. thats just me everyone is different... I dont like feeling like im looking over the wheel.

#18 · (Edited)
Just weld brackets 11 Long by 13.5 across for the hole pattern and now i have factory sliders and height adjust for my driver seat and factory slider for my passenger seat... I put the plastic seat panels on and im good to go...

I love it personally they sit exactly where my old ones do but now they bucket me in nicely... Its like putting EAP's in your car

Unfortunately i didnt take any pictures of what i did

#19 ·
How low were the sparco seats when you had them mounted on the sparco rails? I'm looking to gain some headroom since my svt has a sunroof and I would like to take it to some track days. With the stock seats and my seating position, I've only got about 1" of headroom, not nearly enough for a helmet to fit.

#21 ·
Finally created an account here after browsing for many years to chime in on this thread.

How tall are you guys who say you "got used to it"? Not to be sarcastic.

I have a Recaro SRD with Recaro sliders on a Planted bracket in my 2000 ZX3 and it sits extremely low. When I say low i'm talking about anyone under 5 foot 10 (my height) couldn't even drive the car. My nose might be up to the top of the steering wheel (column lowered all the way), and the dash bezel probably another inch above the steering wheel. Tough to do right turns into driveways, forget doing an autocross, or looking at your face in the rear view mirror lol

#23 ·
Don't feel bad JP, I just read through this and I'm interested too! My wife's focus REALLY needs new seats and this past weekend we checked out a 2015 Mustang 5.0 a buddy of mine just got. She feel in LOVE with the seats in it so I'd love to get her some mild "racing" seats but retain the stock seating height, ESPECIALLY since her car doesn't have a tilt steering wheel.

#25 ·
Awesome, thanks so much! Those brackets were EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Now, I hate to be "that guy," but my wifes car is a budget daily driver and although Corbeau seats are NICE, they're a little much for her car.... Are most seats universal mount? Could I JUST buy the brackets and then some ebay or amazon seats for cheaper and mount the cheap seats on to the good bracket?

#26 ·
You could but they will break, that's what I had were some seats from ebay. They were real nice the first month then they started breaking and eventually I had to shove stuff behind the seats to keep them upright. If your going buy seats it's going to cost money and trust me if your going to daily drive them you want them to last cause you'll just spend money of buying another set of seats later down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.