Focus Fanatics Forum banner

06 with SVT Interior

7K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Red01Focus 
#1 ·
I bought a total loss 2002 svt for a parts car and swapped the interior into my 06 zx3. let me know what you think.

My car.

They still need to be cleaned.

Keep in mind it is winter here and washing it is a pain when it is so cold.

New pedals, steering wheel, hvac.

See less See more
#10 ·
It would fit on the door fine, the lines from the door panel to the dash do not line up. Also the panel is grey in the svt and mine is black.

#13 ·
Nope, I swapped the plugs in my car to the svt plugs and all works, Found the howto on this site and matched everything up. My car did not have seat airbags so all I had to wire in the drivers seat was the seatbelt and seat position sensors and heat. The passenger seat was harder however, I had to swap the pressure pad from the 06 seat pan to the svt seat pan and wire it all up, otherwise my gauges would not work for some reason. So on the pass seat i had to wire the pressure sensor, heat and then swapped the seatbelt buckel from my 06 to the svt seat and wired it all to the plug.

#15 ·
This is all thanks to mjmallon

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IS-uKy1BVWt1EDwkN-istQ?feat=directlink

For the Driver seat:

svt pin 1: driver side-airbag signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 9
svt pin 2: driver side-airbag return: wire to driver seat harness pin 10
svt pin 3: not used
svt pin 4: not used
svt pin 5: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
svt pin 6: heated seats switched power: wire to driver seat harness pin 5
svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 3
svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 4
svt pin 9: powered seat-height power: wire to constant power
svt pin 10: powered seat-height ground: wire to ground
svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 5
svt pin 12: seat heaters ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
svt pin 13: seat track position sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 1
svt pin 14: seat track position sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 2

For the Passenger seat:

svt pin 1: passenger side-airbag signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 9
svt pin 2: passenger side-airbag return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 10
svt pin 3: seatbelt pretensioner switched power: wire to passenger
seat harness pin 5
svt pin 4: seatbelt pretensioner signal return: wire to passenger seat
harness pin 6
svt pin 5: heated seats switched power: wire to passenger seat harness pin 1
svt pin 6: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 3
svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 4
svt pin 9: not used
svt pin 10: not used
svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 6
svt pin 12: heated seats ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
svt pin 13: not used
svt pin 14: not used

#22 ·
I have the st radio and speedo bezels on there way, that should change it up a bit. I dont like painted dashparts. Personall I think it looks to "ricey"

#28 ·
Looks good! Sorry to thread jack, but on a related note, I'm considering swapping door panels myself, but the other way around, 05-07 to 00-04. For what I want to do, the 05-07 panels will look best in my 00. I have seen small pics, actual cars from the factory, but haven't had the chance to measure and compare in detail side by side. Or see a car in person with the switch.

Having said all that, I know the lines don't line up exactly, but how far off are they exactly in your car? Or anyone else's car on this thread? Is it very noticeable? It's hard to search up pics where I can see the details as well as I need too. I keep looking in strangers Foci, but I don't want to piss anyone off.

#30 ·
Does anyone know if the heated seat pad would be the same from the recaro seats or even the 2006 seats, the heat does not work on the drivers side and the svt pads have been discontinued...any ideas?

#33 ·
what functions are you wanting to hook up? The square plugs in my car only had wires for: Drivers side> seat heat, rail position, seatbelt. I had to add the power and ground for the up/down motor. Passenger side> seat heat, pressure sensor(05 and up cars), seatbelt. My car never came with heated seats but the wires were all there and even had power going to them, I took out the center counsl found the plugs, plugged in the switches and I was up and running.

#36 ·
for the drivers side heat hook 12V+ to pin 6 with a jumper wire to from pin 5 to pin 11 and hook 12v- to pin 12, and the passenger hook 12v+ to pin 5 with a jumper from pin 6 to pin 11, than 12v- to pin 12. that will put power to the top and bottom heat pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.