Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus Interior Makeover

9K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  stevestarange 
#1 ·
I should have started this when I first began because it's been about 4 weeks into the project and I'm almost done. I'm doing an almost complete makeover on the interior of my focus.

I started out with a plain jane gray lx interior.

The car

I happened to find a fellow ff member selling these, I've been wanting them forever and the timing was perfect.

I'm doing almost everything but the dashboard. The SVT and rear seat is getting re-upholstered with new black leather and perforated blue suede inserts in tuck and roll and blue stitching. The headliner is being redone in black suede and the carpet is also torn out and replaced with black carpet. If I can get the matte black paint for plastics then I can do those and everything can be perfect.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can get em. I constantly get hounded from idiot kids in the tour groups coming in the school cause "it's just a focus". It's my baby and she's gonna look damn good.

See less See more
#7 ·
Paint For Dash & Trim

I used Rust Oleums Universal Satin Black on all my ABC pilars when I did my headliner. It sticks to plastic with out a primer. It also comes in Flat if you want no shine. YOu can get it at Home Cheapo.

BTW I know all that cause I work for Rust Oleum [hihi]

I like everything your doing, should look really good when your done. Make sure to post pictures.

#12 ·
I made them, they are the new skin for the seat. I used the ruined passenger seat skin for all my patterns. I'm in trim and upholstery at wyotech so all of what I'm doing is part of my shop grade.

The cost isnt too bad considering what I got the seats for and the fact that I'm doing it myself. Its costing less then what an average set of svt seats go for I guess.

#20 ·
I had to redesign the rear seat cover to match the svt seat design. It was probably the hardest part because I misplaced three pieces but I finished it and will take pictures tomorrow of what I've got so far. The trim panels were finally cleaned up and two of the door panels got a layer of resin, they'll be the last thing to get done.

#23 ·
Ah no pictures today sadly. I had my camera ready to go but the battery was dead, we cant have our phones on campus so I couldnt sneak it in today to take pictures.

I got all my trim painted and two of my door panels ready to be prepped for paint. Pictures tomorrow for sure after work, this stuff is ridiculous!

Just thought I'd throw it out, I'll be re-upholstering my stock lx seats probably in a simple black vinyl and gray insert if anyone would be interested in em later on. I dunno a ballpark range price but they'd be sick and could do a rear seat to match :D

#25 ·
Did the final touches apart from cleaning up my alignment marks on the rear seats. Finished painting all my trim and installed the rear area of the car. The front seats are on my list, I still need to make my headrest covers and fix a frame problem in the drivers sear.

Everything turned out damn near perfect and lined up. My teacher wanted me to take what little wrinkles were in the leather out but I didnt want to, that was my biggest fear and with what little wrinkles I have I want to leave it like that because I'm extremely happy the way they look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.