Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus Interior Makeover

9K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  stevestarange 
#1 ·
I should have started this when I first began because it's been about 4 weeks into the project and I'm almost done. I'm doing an almost complete makeover on the interior of my focus.

I started out with a plain jane gray lx interior.

The car

I happened to find a fellow ff member selling these, I've been wanting them forever and the timing was perfect.

I'm doing almost everything but the dashboard. The SVT and rear seat is getting re-upholstered with new black leather and perforated blue suede inserts in tuck and roll and blue stitching. The headliner is being redone in black suede and the carpet is also torn out and replaced with black carpet. If I can get the matte black paint for plastics then I can do those and everything can be perfect.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can get em. I constantly get hounded from idiot kids in the tour groups coming in the school cause "it's just a focus". It's my baby and she's gonna look damn good.

See less See more
#38 ·
Yea it was kind of an experiment. My teacher knew that I hated body work and fiberglass or resin work. She said that I could scuff the foam then brush a couple coats of resin on top then sand it smooth and paint it. I'm still unsure of what the turn out will be but two are almost ready for primer and the other ones have to be ready and in primer by noon tomorrow.

I was running low on blue suede for my door inserts so I used my leftover black suede along with the blue and I dont think it turned out bad. I'm hoping they'll be done tomorrow and I'll upload pictures.

As for the cost, retail was probably around $200-300 for the front seats. I did the whole seat in leather, manufacturers usually just use leather on the top of the seat and a matching vinyl on the sides.

#46 ·
I may have a job as a teachers assistant in trim and upholstery. It'd be awesome and help me finish the door panels. It's just sanding and final stuff at this point but i have body work.

I'll post pics of the rear door panel that is almost finished.

#49 ·
I'm finally back from break and am ready to get back to work. I was offered a position at school as an assistant teacher in trim and upholstery, I really hope that works out.

I'm picking up my sewing machine up tomorrow from campus and am going to call a couple suppliers to get set up.

That may be the route I might go for my old LX seats. I hated diamonds because they were a pain to lay out and sew and was interested in the challenge of a double diamond insert. I'm still unsure and am going to sit and stare at these boring seats.

Stay posted

#50 ·
^that would be badass if you did that to your seats, but since youre already done with yours, your more than welcome to try on mine [:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.