Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Installing armrest in 04 SVT Focus

13K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  02blacksvt 
#1 ·
Is it possible to buy a used armrest out of a non svt focus and install it in my 04 ZX3 SVT? I can't believe Ford would leave that out on the SVT! Would this be a bolt in or is there cutting involved?

#5 ·
well when you buy it you wont worry about the armrest lol

the 0-60 is faster than what the magazines said.

get a test pipe and a full exhaust and i swear its atleast 15whp

if you can keep your right foot light, and shift at 2200 i see about 300 miles before the light comes on. city driving. alot of people see 250 a tank tho

#6 ·
i plan on doing short shifter, arm rest, aem cold air intake, tinting the tail lights and amber corner lights. really don't want the loud exhaust being 27 now. other than that i couldnt find a better car for the price. 04 ZX3 SVT loaded, mint for $7300 with 40,000 miles. I guess i got a decent deal

#13 ·
Forget the seat adjusters, if you put an armrest on your SVTF, your immediately going to see why the SVTF didn't come with an armrest everytime you shift into 2nd, 4th, and 6th when you bang your elbow on the armrest. Then again, not everybody grips their shiftknob in the same way.

#12 ·
If you really want to add an arm rest. I can trade you mine for your arm rest-less center console. My gorilla arms can't shift to second, or forth without bashing into that thing. Seriously. Straight trade. PM me.

#15 ·
you guys with a ZX3 stop trying to get a SVT center console..lol.. and as for a shifter i have a CFM and love it.. others live by steeda. and for those of you with a focus central keep your mouths closed their is nothing he can do about it.....

#19 ·
well fellas it turns out that i will not be getting the focus svt. i had thought that insurance was going to total my Mercedes SL500 from a deer incident but they decided to fix it which is costing 9,000! I love my car, the power, the looks, etc. However, if it was totaled i just wanted a cheaper vehicle being the way the economy is. I took a hard hit this past year being in the mortgage industry. This is a great community and if things pick up i will buy one for a project!

#23 ·
Since I put in the armrest I haven't had any issues with shifting into any gear and it makes driving that much more comfortable.

As for adjusting the seat back it's a bit harder but not impossible. Although once your seat is set and as long as you're the only driver you won't be using the back adjustment that much.

#27 ·
When I had mine, I never thought twice about having an armrest... I agree with those who said it wasn't put there for a reason. However, I do understand the idea of wanting one.
Even still, Looking back, still wouldn't put one there. Everyone I knew with a ZX3 used to tilt them up and out of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.