Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Contour SVT seats in a focus.... possible?

13K views 78 replies 11 participants last post by  mikebontoft 
#1 ·
Well I know there was a discussion regarding the possibility of installing Cougar seats in the focus but that never worked out. I'm pretty positive this wont work either......BUT I could get both front seats and the rear bench for about $60 IF I find out there's a remote chance it could work.

Is there a possibility that you can swap the mounting rails from the bottom of the focus seats to the contour seats so they have the right mounting positions? I'm also thinking that the seats MAY be a bit too wide but I'm not sure.

the rear bench, I'm not sure how it fits but it looks pretty similar to the focus. dunno if it's 60/40 rear split though.

Should I do it anyway? I mean they ARE leather seats and I've heard they are VERY comfortable....... [thumb]

#2 ·
Scratch that part about 60/40...... I forgot I had this picture of the car I want to pull them from. HMM those seat release cables/handles SURE look familiar, don't they? [thumb]

#5 ·
hell I guess ill try it. I think I can fab something up. those seats were comfortable
Posted via FF Mobile

#6 ·
GO FOR IT, I'd kill for that price LOL. Just be witty enough to fab the railing if it doesn't fit the first time around. Nothing is impossible, hence if some are able to fit racing seats then this should be possible.

#7 ·
I like your attitude.... What I'm gonna do is go over there Wednesday, but before I go, pull my passenger side seat and the rear bench so I can do the initial first fits. :)

#8 ·
take notice of this, a small trick I learned many moons ago, lets say the rear bench is like an inch or 2 too large, don't give up, with a bit of handy work you fold back the seat cover, take away what is too much, refold seat cover but make sure both sides are equal and voilà, done deal. This you can do with front seats as well and ofcourse for the back rest in the rear. for the rails upfront that should not be so hard, the back fixation might be a bit of a pita but I'm quite sure you can handle this, just take time and measure twice

#9 ·
Ok cool... And I'm actually a bit worried about the fronts though... They have this odd semi circle of a thingy on the outsides of the bottom of them...

#10 ·
My neighbor three doors down from my has a regular automatic ZX3 and claims his seats are out of an SVT Contour...granted I have no way to verify this.

#11 ·
Are you able to post a pic of them fronts, it has been ages I haven't seen one of those so I don't visualise it. Like I say, where there's a will, there's a way, and I'm sure something can be done to get this working.

#12 ·
I'll see what I can come up with. He works 3rd shift, so our paths only cross so often.

#13 ·
That's OK, not a problem. I'm sure something can be done to help out our buddy here. If one is able to chance out a complete interior and heavily modify it, there is surely a way to make this swap work.
I found out that there's a huge junkyard about 20 miles from where I live so If I get the time I'll def check that out, maybe come up ith some finds.

#14 ·
Ok I'm so mad I didn't even take a picture of them.... They're pretty dirty but that's expected for a junk car that's been sitting there for about a month or two. I found some pictures online but none of the mysterious side consoles. I may even be making them bigger in my mind.... I wasn't paying attention to them all that much.

#16 ·
COOL, I'm sure these will fit. You will have to find out about the rails but even if it doesn't line up correctly, you will be able to fab up a rack to make them fit. It has been done for race seats so it will work for these, just be confident and take your time, no need to rush.

#17 ·
I hope so...... do you have any clue what the bottom of these seats (well any like in the focus) look like? I never did look, so I'm not sure. Is there some sort of specific area I could just tap into with the other rails? HMM.

#18 ·
What I can remember from my old days (LOL) and from waht has been done here, you keep your original rails on the bottom. Then either take the sliding rails from your seats or get some from junkyard, fab up the necessary harness in metal and weld it in there (like under the svt seat) or bold it in with sturdy bolds. If all done right you have now the sliding parts under the seat and those will fit the rails in the bottom.

#19 ·
cool well I don't have a welder (yet) but I do like bolts. I hope by some odd coincidence that the rails will match together. LOL.

#20 ·
For some odd reason it might just work out, I dunno. Just be sure that if you use bolts, to tie them really hard, don't wanna see you slide while driving LOL.
Keep us posted when you get them, post a pic since I'm visual mainly, before chopping up things.

#21 ·
yup no doubt......think the first thing I'll do is get that rear bench in, then I'll try the passenger seat.

#22 ·
That indeed may be a bit more complicated since I dunno if the connections match up, but I'm sure once again (LOL) that there is a way if they don't fit. You told that they were 60/40 right ?? Hope it's the same 60/40 as in a Fofo, that would already solve half of the problem.

#23 ·
yeah I dunno which way the 60/40 is, but if you look at the first picture that i took, it has the same knobs and cable connections as the sedan does [thumb] that's gotta count for something lol.

#24 ·
I think you're in the money buddy, those seats fold the same way as the hatch meaning 60 behind driver, 40 behind passanger. Now with a bit of luck those mounting points are exactly the same and that should count for the rear seat too. Just remember, if they are too large, look if you can narrow them by slightly modifying the sides equally. Keep me posted.
See ya,
Paul.

#25 ·
Alright, well I guess all I can do is hope for the best... and when I don't get it, make it the best [thumb]

#26 ·
I know you can pull this off. Go get those seats and I will assist in helping out. Too bad I'm not closer I would've offered to give you a hand with it. These things are sometimes not as obvious as they look. If you get stuck or have any questions PM me so I get notified as soon I log on.

#27 ·
Will do.......thank you [:)]

I wonder if CSVT seats are heated. LOL probably not. oh well [hihi]

Well I've been to Canada before too. I liked it LOL. AH I just found out that I'm going to a dinner thing out in the mountains wednesday at 6. I gotta get up early, get to the bank, and get working on removing all that stuff!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.