Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Contour SVT seats in a focus.... possible?

13K views 78 replies 11 participants last post by  mikebontoft 
#1 ·
Well I know there was a discussion regarding the possibility of installing Cougar seats in the focus but that never worked out. I'm pretty positive this wont work either......BUT I could get both front seats and the rear bench for about $60 IF I find out there's a remote chance it could work.

Is there a possibility that you can swap the mounting rails from the bottom of the focus seats to the contour seats so they have the right mounting positions? I'm also thinking that the seats MAY be a bit too wide but I'm not sure.

the rear bench, I'm not sure how it fits but it looks pretty similar to the focus. dunno if it's 60/40 rear split though.

Should I do it anyway? I mean they ARE leather seats and I've heard they are VERY comfortable....... [thumb]

#54 ·
That is one heck of a job, I hope he pulls it of so that we all can have a look and admire

#55 ·
true true...... AND.... well today was pretty crazy lol. Only ended up with the rear seats but I'll get the passenger and maybe driver's side next wednesday. Get this though.... the whole rear bench only cost me $22 I think. NOT bad at all, I also met up with another member and we had fun bashing the hell out of the trunk before realizing the contour has a cable trunk release by the driver's seat. OOPS.

but yeah it was very simple to pull out, and I just kinda threw the actual folding seatbacks on top of my current ones cause I didn't have time to take them out. The bottom of the bench will need modifying, AKA transplanting the bottom half of my old bench onto the contour one. seat backs should go in like the focus. OH and the best part......I now have a fold down armrest in the back [hihi]

so yeah just for now I have a picture of the rear seats, not installed, just sitting kind of in place, in the back of my car. safe to say I'm happy about it though [:)]

#56 ·
Mike..... Bro....... I'm a come see you some time later this year and Help you on this...... Once my senior project is out of the way and marching season is over, I'm going to visit my dad for a week over in Sonoma and I'll see what I can do stopping by Utah on the way back.

Either way, I'm moving to Sonoma in Summer '10, so I'll be pretty close... as you already knew. Can't wait to get my hands dirty helping you build this beast of a car....... hahaha...

Plus......... Your going to need my godly welding hands anyways..... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

#57 ·
Mike why do you have to use the Fofo bottom back seat, doesn't the contour one fit at all or can't you modify it ??

#58 ·
LOL Daniel you're right though. At least with the awd.... And yeah see here's the thing, I am modifying it to work, but if you've ever looked you'll notice that our rear seats are bolted on the front with a hinge and the rear snaps snug into place. Well this one I'm note sure but I think someone may have already pulled the Bottom of it off, as it's just bare foam. Anyway the bench latches on the opposite way the focus does, but they have the same shape so it shouldnt be all that hard to do.

#60 ·
Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply, those seats look gorgeous, Me wanna LOL.
Congrats on your restoration parts, they really look good.
Have you considered for the lower parts just to reuse the bottomparts of your existing Fofo seat. IMO this should work, after you've adjusted the seats though you sould be able to use the original bottom with the hinges. Just my thoughts.
Let us know how it works out.

#61 ·
No worries... And that's exactly what I meant by using the bottom.

Oh and update, still not installed but the folding sections DO mount up to stock brackets [thumb]

#62 ·
That's wonderfull, I wish those Contours were available here. I would do an interior seat swap in a heartbeat, lol

#64 ·
So you're telling that you have Contour seats there at the junk yard in Hamilton ?? Are they leather ??
Man, here in Quebec it's getting rare to see a decent junk yard with interesting stuff.
Would you mind finding out what they charge for the Contour front and back seats in leather (if they have them) ??
Thnx in advance

#65 ·
Well at least the folding backs won't require modification.... Otherwise you're gonna have to do some custom work. Regular contour seats are pretty different from the svt ones, besides being leather. There also are tan seats if you can find any. (but yeah there's like three rows of just contours and many more around)

My car smells different now..... Deciding whether or not I like it. LOL.

#66 ·
OK update:

SO just for the record, seat backs are real PITAs if you don't have the brackets that the seats came with. I Don't, and though they have the same bolt pattern as the focus, you'll end up being off centered which is a huge problem. I'll have to get those next time I'm at the junk yard. they do sit in there alright, but that's about it. I MAY have to snag the seat belt things too. damn. I THOUGHT they'd fit cause they looked the same. I'll also have to remove this weird thing that may be part of the bottom of the old seat.... and hopefully I wont have to now, but I MAY have to even move the catches for the seat locks..... :p

oh well, I'll find time to work on them eventually, as school starts Tomorrow :p

#68 ·
Damn that's a bummer but only a minor setback. It's apreciated though to let us all know. It might come in handy for other people to know.
I'm hopefull that if you get everything, all will fall in place. If any pics let us see (I'm visual).
Keep us updated with all news about the seats and goodluck at school ;)

#70 ·
Yeah only a setback, it can still be done.... I just have to get the right brackets so I can center the seats. They should fit fine otherwise.

And thanks, I actually can't wait LOL.

And I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on these again since I just got a paid intern job at an autoshop after school :)

They look really great where they are now but one side isn't even bolted in. And it's just the rear seats for now but I'll probably get the front seats wednesday unless I'm working

#73 ·
^^ for the most part. I haven't really been able to work on em that much yet, but I was able to remove the brackets from the back. Right now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get the latches to do exactly that, as the ones from the focus sit too low. I also need the brackets from the Contour so I do hope that it's still there. it's been forever though :p. but it IS a huge junkyard. I guess I'll probably go check it out either wednesday or friday.

edit: here's the pic I forgot to add.... here you will see (or at least have to understand) that the bottom plate from the old bench is in place, the brackets are removed, and I still need to figure out how to get the seat belts through the bench. I may end up having to get contour belts as well.

sits more flush now.

#75 ·
^^ it used to when I had the brackets and no bottom plate on. now it doesn't go anywhere. the real problem now (and I ought to zip tie them shut now) is when I stop too hard sometimes, the seat backs fly forward. lol.

#78 ·
Hey, what's the status on these seats? I'm desperate for something drastically more comfortable to sit in while I pilot my crumbBox little focus.

#79 ·
lol well the back is still the same, no zip ties. ill permanently have them in this summer though.

front seats I think all you need to do is put em in place, wire up the power seat and belt indicator, weld some plates to the floor, and drill holes into them and attach :)
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.