Final thread on SVT Seat Swap.....
I have read through just about every single SVT seat swap thread and I have yet to find a good write up on how to wire them up. Lets make this the last thread on the subject since there are sooooooooooooooo many threads on it with people asking the same questions. So, here is the question again, and hopefully one of you guys on here can take a few minutes and help everyone out.
I have a 2007 ZX3 SE with a set of 2002 SVTF seats in it. How do I wire them in? I have tried to remove the individual plugs from the plastic thing and pulg each one in individually with no success. If I have to cut the wires and splice in the ones from the original seat to the SVT seats, what goes to what?
If all of the above gets wired in, do the seat belts from the original seats need to be swapped over in order for the sensors to work?
My '07 came with the side impact air bags, will wiring them up correctly make the ones in the SVTF seats functional and get the idiot light to turn off?
I saw nothing that the power seat plug could plug into. Do I just draw off of any 12V source? Does it need to be a remote wire or can it be a constant 12V?
Photos and/or easy to read diagrams showing wire colors would be extremely helpful. As information comes in, I'll post the answers under the questions. Also, if there are no photos available, I can take them while wiring in my seats and I'll post them up for anyone ease that needs the information.
PLEASE HELP! I know there are some of you electrical gurus out there that could do this stuff in your sleep! :-) I'm hoping that if the correct information gets posted with some good diagrams and photos, this thread can get archived.
Here are the answers to some related Frequently asked questions. (If you can think of more, I'll edit this first thread and add it in.)
1. What years will the SVT seats fit into?
- The front seats will fit into all foci of all body styles including the '08 and '09 coupes and sedans.
- The rear seats will only fit in ZX3 ZX5 and station wagon (ZTW) body styles with no modification. Sedans are a definite no go.
2. Do I need to use the seat rails from my original front seats ?
- No. The mounting points for all foci are the same in the front.
3. What colors do the SVT seats come in?
- In the U.S., there were 3 different styles of SVT seats.
- Black leather with red cloth inserts
- Black leather with blue cloth inserts
- Black full leather RECCARO
- The mounting points and wiring is the same for the Reccaros as all other SVT seats.
4. (Rear seats) There are four mounting points for the 60 40 split rear seats, but only two holes in my car. Will they fit?
- Yes, they will fit and most people do not use the center mounting points on the seat bottoms.
- It is possible to drill through and use bolts top properly secure the seats.
5. I have a 2000-2001 ZX_ with rear headrests, will they fit in the SVT rear seats?
- From what I understand, the answer is no. (I could be wrong on this) The distance between the holes for the rear headrests to go into on the few ZX3's that came with them is wider.
- Similar subject, the rear head rests will not fit on the front seats and vice versa.
Nice! anyway someone could add this to the archives?
I'm out of luck for rear SVT seats...
If you wanted to spend the money, you could always get the fronts and then take your car to an upholstery shop and have your stock rear seats re-covered. They could order the fabric from one of the vendors and no one would know the difference.
Wow.....No love at FF....
Sorry I have no idea I love my seats that are stock so Ill bump you up
Nice job man. Good to know you took the time to get the info straight yourself.
wish i had answers
gad you posted this thread,ive been wanting to put a coupe seat in my sedan to replace the front passenger seat so that it folds down more(im assuming like most coupes this is the case?) and it seems like from what youve posted its doable
well.... I'm gonna try SVT seats as well, but not from the focus (thus making this post pointless) BUT I've never done anything like this so I'm gonna see what happens.
Bottom line.....if I can figure it out, then no doubt you can as well [:)]
bummer... ive been searching for a wiring diagram for like 45 minutes and this one got me excited! lol bump for wanting answers! lol
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.