Focus Fanatics Forum banner

svt shift knob

21K views 78 replies 27 participants last post by  SVTF4243 
#1 ·
Do you know where to get a stock svt shift knob? Mine is looking worn and want to replace it

#3 ·
Thanks I will

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#7 ·
That's nice, how much was for it?

#8 ·
Got it from the UK clicky
£25.52 Plus £10 shipping
That translated to about $72 at the time

#13 ·
The Ford GT knob also will work after i tap it to fit your shifter and is billit aluminum. Our cars share the same shift pattern. Thats the one im using.

#14 ·
Yeah I've always wanted one of those too after seeing one on the GT. I heard they get really hot/cold though?

With that tap, could one cut the stock shifter down and rethread it?

#16 ·
#17 ·
not much taller but I have a steeda short throw

it's way better ergonomics

i've had 2 other knobs since the stocker
of the 4 this is the best

#22 ·
^^ Man, I woke up this morning two hours early and felt like a kid on Xmas morning - couldn't WAIT to get out to the car, slap this on, and go barnstorming before work...

I LOVE IT!!!

Dunno if it's heavier than the SVT one (because I was too excited to think to make the comparison), but it FEELS like it is when shifting. When I first hit third on my favorite on-ramp, I was like "WHOA, yeah!" And indeed, third gear just feels like butter now. Weird to think that a mere knob could make such a difference (even if the difference is just an illusion).

Meanwhile, the thing just looks awesome - especially with my silver and black dash. And the way if joins the boot makes the shifter look a lot slicker than stock, and really minimizes the over-tall look you get with the pencil-necked SVT knob (assuming you don't have an STS installed).

When I get my redline boots, and install 'em along with my Richbrook brake handle, my interior is going to ROCK (whereupon I'll post pics).

EVERYONE with an SVTF should have this knob!

#23 ·
Out of all the shifters I've had( 4 ) it's the best!
Glad you like it!

#25 ·
This is the one (which they do have cross-referenced for the Mondeo as well):

Focus MK2-Aluminium Finish Gear Lever Knob
Part Number: 1359007
Retail Price: £25.57
You Pay: £23.01

And, yes, it's a direct fit and looks and feels awesome.

#26 ·
Here is the one I got from Steve... $60.50 total to my door.

just trying to help. And FWIW, the knob sits about a full half-inch lower than the stock SVT knob.

#33 ·
I can put that SVT knob to good use since you're no longer using it [:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.