Focus Fanatics Forum banner

leather seat upgrade

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  MURDEREDOUT 
#1 ·
looking to get some leather seats for my zx3. were there zx3's with leather other than the svt? i saw some out of an 05 zts that match the light grey interrior that i have but im afraid that the back seats are different. svt would not match my interrior and not really into the red or blue inserts.

#3 ·
or go to the marketplace and go to the buy/sell forum, parts&accessories, and go to the forum that says "...going back to stock, all parts must go" the guy is selling all of his stuff from his car and including some badass red&black svt leather front and back seats for $400.

#5 ·
Yes they came with leather other than the SVT. They are essentially the same seats that are in a ZTS, only the rear seat is different, and the front seats tip forward.

Dan-O... Could you please post pics of the roush set? I have been thinking about getting those. How comfortable are they? Is the leather a good quality?

#6 ·
the roushes are a really cushy version of a race seat. the have bosters but are squishy enough for the not so athletic. or for those with bad backs. they do look extremely sharp and i am also thinking going this route. and as with anything by roush the leatehr is pretty darn soft. (i sat in a roush stang, the only other leather seated car experience before that was my aunts grand prix) main thing would be to find a leatehr rear seat setup that's jsut black, you know without the svt inserts.

#7 ·
Pics as requested.
The leather is OEM quality.
I still need to work the wrinkles out, no big deal.
I found some matching vinyl that I made a trim insert on the trunk cargo cover. I also plan to cover the seat inserts too.

#9 ·
Thank you for posting the pics. Those seats look good. I would like to see pics of the other colors they offer. I sent them an email, but didnt get pics back.

#10 ·
I bought my covers from NorthCoast.

Roush hasn't replied to any emails I've sent them either.
I think they see the word Focus, and they delete the email.
I need a template for the mid-wing

#11 ·
Well they have replied to me several times, and have been really helpfull. But they didnt send pics that I had asked for. Wish I could see what the red and black colors look like...

#14 ·
The install is not for the inexperienced for sure.
You need to remove the old seat covers and then slide the new ones on. They take some force and finesse to get 'em on.
The covers are held on with hog rings, a good set of hog ring pliers is essential!

I did the front seats in an afternoon and then the rear seats in another afternoon.

The quality is great so far.
I'd have to think Jack wouldn't allow his signature on junk, or charge close to $800 for inferior covers either for that matter.

#17 ·
Yeah definatley i may get them installed if i do go ahead with the idea.. Also do you know if the Yellow ones are Yellow and grey or Yellow and black i cant find any pics anywhere... Thanks for the help man...

wordyahurdd do you have black seats with a grey interior ?? If you do do you have more pics because I may have to end up doing that but im hesitant because i dont wanna sink 800 pluss install and then have it look like a carnival...

#20 ·
Picked up the Stoplight Red/Carbon Fiber J.R. Interior Kit...'bout to throw down on it this upcoming week. The Red Fabric in my SVT is pretty played out from the PO...

Still hesitant about the grey in the dark charcoal interior of the SVT, but I'm hopin' it should jive with the pillar covers and head liner... also wondering if the SVT has firmer 'bolsters' ...TBD...

Will be lookin' to flip the take-offs: not too bad condish' if one wants to hit em with a steam cleanin' (PM me for photos)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.