My focus spi - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 10:21 PM   #1

Fan#: 5215
What I Drive: 2002 grey focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 denniszok@aol.com Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Red face My focus spi

What's up fellow focus owners. Oh, excuse me, spi owners. Is there anything new in the world of the single cam? My focus 02 SE has a brake line hanging down on the driver side underneath and i have kind of neglected for a while. But i think i am just going to use the McGyver method and use some zip ties to hold it up until i can get into a body shop or something.

I have the steeda sport springs which lower it an inch and a half so maybe it got loose or got snagged on something. My brakes work fine, haven't had any problems with them at all. I also managed to get the steeda air intake for the zx3 to work on my throttle body and it works and sounds awesome. It has increased the torque so much. When i accelerate, it goes normal then it pulls like crazy and then it shifts {its an automatic} and does it all over again. Its pretty responsive. My upper sway bar also works excellent in cornering. My dream is to take it on a closed course and have some real fun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 4475
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 spiguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
how did you get the intake to work

I have a 2003 spi How did you get the steeda to work on your tb?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1370
What I Drive: 2001 Slow ass SPI focus

FF Reputation: 1 slowfocusboi Good Standing Member
i got an 01...and yes do tell

CAI
type 2 eyelids
35% tint all the way around
FC red shorty antenna
2 12" cadence ultradrive orange subs pioneer 5600 deck 400w directed amp for subs and another for highs (est 130db)
Old 03-26-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
Banned

Fan#: 5423
What I Drive: 2007 InfraRed Focus ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 NOS2Go4Me Good Standing Member
Hey there... new member!

I hadn't heard any success stories with the Steeda short ram either... so I just bought the K+N drop-in filter.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 PM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5427
What I Drive: 2002 grey ford focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 denniszok Good Standing Member
Well what's up guys? I've been gone for a minute but now i'm back with the jump off. Ya'll want to know how i got the steeda short ram intake to work on my spi? Well i honestly can't remember how i did it but i'll tell you this!!! I got the intake and the guy told me that it wouldn't fit over the phone so i ordered it anyway. I knew in my mind i could get it to work . So when i got it tried it and it didn't work just as the guy said it would not work. So i let it go for about a week or to and one day at work it hit me how i was going to get it to work. I got home and put a new blade in my box cutter and cut the two rubber things which the clamps go onto when the intake is intalled. Now each of the rubber are tapered. Which means one end is bigger than the other. So I cut it right where they change size so one is big and the other is small. I took the small one put that on the throttle body and put the big end on . Now the small one takes up empty space that the large diameter intake tube leaves open because the SPI throttle body is so small. DO YOU GET IT!!!! SO i tightened the clamps provided with the intake and even though i cut the second rubber piece, it still worked to hold the mass air meter and the filter. I'm guessing thats pretty much how igot the steeda short ram to work on my SPI. ISN'T THAT FASCINATING???????
Old 03-27-2004, 01:08 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1511
What I Drive: 01 lx flat black

FF Reputation: 1 bacc231 Good Standing Member
u coulda just got a new tb
Old 03-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yea well, I know i could have replaced the TB. Maybe i was just feeling like macgyver at the time. Is there any hope for forced induction out there for our cars?
Old 03-27-2004, 05:42 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1511
What I Drive: 01 lx flat black

FF Reputation: 1 bacc231 Good Standing Member
theres always the custom route
Old 03-27-2004, 06:04 PM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yes sirrrrr... It is a saturday night and i'm going driving. My Spi awaits!!!! Until next time........... later!!!!

Last edited by denniszok; 03-27-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #10

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The most common remedy for the CAI fitment issue is a trip to Home Depot in the plumbing section. Get one of those rubber reducers and there ya go! The second most common (and more fun) remedy is a larger TB.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.