Focus Fanatics Forum banner

So yea i was wondering............

705 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tetsuo 
#1 ·
torn, so very much, my car is running, very decent condition from what i understand, i might be able to keep the SPI with out a rebuild, that being said, should i try for the 2.5L or turbo the SPI and keep it till it dies, Tin, Urn, WB, responses would be appreciated by you, and Lilredspi, i'll call you tonight bout those parts,

i have two options, let the spi die a slow(speed wise and length wise) death, or just crank it up, and let it go out in a flaming ball of glory(which it probably will..............) either way the swap is still necessary, i'm just the deciding factor on how long down the road that has to be......... input please, thanx

#2 ·
my thoughts on the subject, for what they are worth....

if you know your engine is on the decline, and it is going to take a crap, and if you have the ability to correct the problem now (meaning friend with knowledge and $$$) why not take care of it now?

i mean, lets say you wait and you spi craps out in 3 months (or whatever) what is to say you will have the same mechanically skilled friend with enough time to help you, or the money to do the swap. take care of it when you can so you dont have to take care of it when you cant.

that is just my thought. or perhaps it is my trying to live vicariously through your swap. so take this adivce with a grain of salt, or perhaps the whole dam shaker....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.