T/B & Header Question - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13819
What I Drive: 2000 cosmos blue wagon

FF Reputation: 1 Station_Nation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question T/B & Header Question

So im looking at parts tonight and i see a new T/B. It says ill need a ztec CAI . Some i got to thinking, does this mean i can just buy a T/B off a ztec and bolt it straigh on cause that would be cheaper then the aftermarket. Any thoughs on this ?
Also while looking at www.focus-central.com i found two different headers. the 4-2-1 style and the shorty 4-1 (with off road pipe) just wondering which would be a better buy ?

any help here would be great thanks

Aaron

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2599
What I Drive: you crazy!

FF Reputation: 1 smoknzx3 Good Standing Member
I don't understand your first question. What motor do you have? Zetec or SPI? I thought the wagons came with the Zetec. The CAI dosn't effect the T/B your going to get. Unless your looking at a T/B for a Zetec?

As far as the header goes if your looking for power the full header will be the better choice. Your actully still taking the CAT off the car either way. If you were trying to keep the car emissions legal then neither way will work. But if it doesn't matter then go with the race header!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Race header all the way, its sweet and cheaper than the shorty and ORP together just remember to buy the 02 cheater or you will get a CEL. About the TB question if you have the Ztech a Ztech CAI will fit if you have the spi you will have to buy the TB to make it fit, and no you cant get a TB off a stock Ztech it will not fit right. The one from FC is a direct bolt on.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 01-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

ok sorry bout that guys, i made this tread last night when i went to bed and just read it now, My wagon has a SPI. i was looking at this T/b http://www.focus-central.com/catalog...=1&sid=&pid=67

in which is quotes at the bottom
"It has a 3.25 diameter mouth, which requires the use of a factory Zetec intake tube or any Zetec after-market air intake "

So what i was try to figure out is, is there a difference between this aftermarket spi and a stock ztec T/B. cuase if theres no difference then why not buy a used ztec t/b and save some money.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
FF Cleaning Squad

You cant just throw on a Ztech TB on the SPI it will not fit. The way the TBs are set up are diffrent between SPI and Ztech
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 02-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

that what i though, but i was like hmmm... i wonder but now i know.. and knowing is half the battle
Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
The race header would be the better option. Even though the shorty header with the ORP isn't bad, either way it's beter than stock. With either of them you will need to get the O2 cheaterso you don't throw a CEL.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

by blow a cel you mean, make the engine light go on right? cause i have a cheaper solution, cut the wire behind the cluster :D TA DA no more light. Now on a more serious note i found the MIL eliminator off Focus-central. that what i need correct
Old 02-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
FF Cleaning Squad

Thats the one, go ahead and buy the header from focus-central too, thats what I have its an easy install.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 02-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 17982
FF Reputation: 1 Logix_XXI Good Standing Member
i'm not sure about the throttle body but on the header it would depend if you want low end power or high end power and they would remove the cat but if you want emissions leagal you can buy a high flow cat and extend the o2 wires just besure that you leave one before the cat and one after the cat...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.