I need a performance chip - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15719
What I Drive: Mineral Grey Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cmmcc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I need a performance chip

I know there are a few good names but what works best with an SPI?

SCT Chip : Screamin Deamon Coil w/ 10mm Livewires : Full SVT Suspension : 60mm Throttle Body: EVO 5 Body Kit : Mach Audio HID's : TYC Tail Lights : Custom Carbon Fiber Hood : Redline Tuning Elit Hood Lifts : Volant Intake : Magnaflow Catback : Diamond Plate Interior Floor : Reverse Glow Guages: Aluminum Billet HVAC w/ SVT Pod : Custom E Brake : 18" Riax Rims : Clear Side Markers : Blue LED M3 Side Mirrors : Swab Mod : Front Drilled & Slotted Roters
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Why do you need a chip? ATX?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15719
What I Drive: Mineral Grey Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cmmcc Good Standing Member
Looking to increase HP torque ... a chip like the diablo, but i heard they suck
SCT Chip : Screamin Deamon Coil w/ 10mm Livewires : Full SVT Suspension : 60mm Throttle Body: EVO 5 Body Kit : Mach Audio HID's : TYC Tail Lights : Custom Carbon Fiber Hood : Redline Tuning Elit Hood Lifts : Volant Intake : Magnaflow Catback : Diamond Plate Interior Floor : Reverse Glow Guages: Aluminum Billet HVAC w/ SVT Pod : Custom E Brake : 18" Riax Rims : Clear Side Markers : Blue LED M3 Side Mirrors : Swab Mod : Front Drilled & Slotted Roters
Old 12-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
S2
Retired Fanatic

Chips are pretty much pointless until you are running alot more bolt on mods. Honestly IMO a chip should be one of the last mods you do unless your running a ATX cause you can change shift points as well.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4258
What I Drive: 05 Mazda 3i

FF Reputation: 1 KoRnGtL15 Good Standing Member
I agree. Unless you have the atx. Get it for the shift points. It rocks.

Quote:
Originally posted by S2
Chips are pretty much pointless until you are running alot more bolt on mods. Honestly IMO a chip should be one of the last mods you do unless your running a ATX cause you can change shift points as well.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:43 AM   #6
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
dont listen to S2, he dont know crap.....

lol. just kidding man.

if you want a chip, check out the superchip. you can get it through Focus Sport. yeah, the diablo does suck, from what i have heard, the superchip blows it out of the water. the chip will definatly make a much bigger differance on an ATX, but on the SPI, there is still quite a bit of good to be done on an MTX. I know it removes the governor, so no more 108 top speed. i also know it is possible to reprogram the shift light to come on when you want it to. it also does help a little with HP and Tourque (though dont expect a miracle) you will want to talk to the SPIers actually running the chip. i havent heard anything about it since it first came out. i have been in a black hole of sorts.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:10 AM   #7
S2
Retired Fanatic

Hey Urn, where ya been? Haven't seen you on here in forever!

hahah, Merry Christmas to you too.....
Old 01-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #8
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
been in USAF basic... now at tech school with very little computer access. o-well.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #9

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
First off, find your code. It's on one of three places:
1) The ECU itself. This is a test. If you don't know where the ECU is then you don't need to be messing with a chip
2) Passenger doorframe by the hinges
3) Hood support if your car has been reflashed or updated to a new code. It won't be there if the service tech. didn't follow through -OR- your car has its original code.

Your code will be made up of four letters and numbers in this succession: letter, #,#, letter. For instance, my code is FVV8.

Now if you have an FVV series code, you need to PM me and I'll do you a favor. I have a Diablo chip that has a few tweaks in it you can have. Yes, the Diablo sucks compared to the SCT (Oh yes, the SCT Raptor package with datalogger is available for the SPI now. I just have to get it and test it out first), but the price is good. By price I mean nada, gilch, freebie. It is based off the LFQ series ZETEC program and it runs out nicely.

Jim
Old 01-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #10

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I missed you URN. You're my favorite wingnut!! Before you flame away, wingnut, I am a child of a wingnut myself and was on many a SAC* base back in the day. My Dad shit when I joined the Army. Then he shit bricks when I went Airborne. He asked me what I jumped out of, and i said C-130's. He just rolled his eyes. He was a prop. mechanic on C-130's. ETS'd as a Tech. Sergeant, I believe.

Sorry to hijack...Back to your regular programming........

SAC= Strategic Air Command., meaning nukes and B-52's

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.