Focus Fanatics Forum banner

need advice/member of droped valve seat

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ImBillT 
#1 ·
2003 se focus. replaced piston number 3, rod and rings. New head and gaskets, cleaned out egr and intake. Car has been running about 2 weeks. Started having problems starting. It will start out slow then catch up and start and run fine. 3 days ago it died at stop sign. Got it started and home. Noticed coolant was low. Added some, then check compression. Pulled valve cover off and discovered i have coolant in the oil. Used haynes manual to tear down and rebuild. any ideas

#3 ·
From Toyota forums I have picked up that only factory and fel-pro head gaskets can be trusted, and even then the Fel-pro head gaskets were getting mixed reviews. Most people there had problems with erisitic gaskets, domestic gaskets, and a few I don't remember. They said the rest of the gasket kits were fine, just not the head gaskets. I assume you used new head bolts, ran a tap into the bolt holes in the block, cleaned the holes, LIGHTLY oiled the bolt, and used a head which had been properly checked or remachined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.