Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Spi valve seating

6K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  murrayjay57 
#1 ·
Recently pulled apart my block for cleaning and some upgrades. I went to check the valve seats and found nothing wrong. Even had a pro check the head and he found nothing wrong. I believe i have found the angel of all spi focus. :rolleyes:

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

#34 ·
True, I never had any engine trouble other than a dropped seat. No, it's not the easiest to work on but not the hardest.

I got about 2.5 years out of mine. (and about 9-10k miles) Not exactly reliable to me considering the other cars I could have bought for the same money (a zx3 for example).

yes, it left me stranded on the side of the road and yes it had amazing mileage

I do however love the car itself quite a bit but it's been dead longer than driving under my ownership.

Still... it will only have a single cam. Just a lot more lobes. lol

#36 ·
I have rebuilt one SPI already due to dropped vlv seat in #4 and am woring on my 2nd one now (different car), these engines are cake to work on, very simple, I had the head off and pistons completly out in under 2 hours using air tools, one of the eaisest motors to work on next to the Chevy aveo, I have changed out at least 10 different head gaskets on 10 different cars over the last 12 years. I would do this again in a heartbeat if I had to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.