Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   SPI Performance (2000-2004) (
-   -   where to buy new valve seats?? (

twiztidbeef 03-23-2012 06:56 PM

where to buy new valve seats??
ok 1st post here we go. so i work for ford and someones traded in a 01 lx with engine noise. i knew exactly what was going on because ive been trolling this site for a few weeks. eventually i talked the salesperson to give me the car free and clear. i ripped the motor apart and #2 and #4 pistons are beat up and valve seats dropped. the head is still in decent shape. i read somewhere on the site that ford sells new style valve seats, but when i look them up, the part #'s never changed and the intake seats are discontinued. the question i have is where do i find new style valve seats. ive looked for days online. any help would be appreciated. thanx in advance

HilloNative 03-23-2012 08:43 PM

Try calling Steve at tousley ford part department, he will be able to tell you.

twiztidbeef 03-23-2012 10:15 PM


1turbofocus 03-24-2012 10:33 AM

DONT get them through Ford , take the head to a local machine shop and get them there , you wont be able to install the new seats anyway so let the machine shop do them


twiztidbeef 03-27-2012 01:56 PM

sorry about the delay in response, but thanx for the advise. deff be hitting up the machine shop next week.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.