Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Could someone explain what this tube is for???

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  mialtin 
#1 ·
Below is a pic of my engine with a tube that comes out of it. What does it do? I know on the back of my valve cover is the PCV valve. But this other tube come out of the side of my cover and leads into my air box. If I get a CAI what do I do with this line? Will there be a hook up for it? Thanks for your time and help.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a vacuum hose/tube ... still part of the PCV system ... usually CAI tubes have nipples for those hoses to be connected to.

#3 ·
Is there a place that sells aftermarket or different colored tubes by any chance that anyone knows of? I am planning on getting a CAI for a Zetec cause I have a 60mm throttle body on my SPI. Do those CAI have a place where it can be connected to as well?

Thanks AWD_Gabe!

#4 ·
You're welcome. You're probably not gonna find a different-color tube, but you could use some colored split-loom ...

#5 ·
Just get some aluminum tube in the same diameter and paint it. Should be able to find some at any hardware store. Just make sure you scuff the tube with scotch bright and use a chemical resistant paint.

#9 ·
Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I kind of have the same question. While I was looking around to check things on my focus, I noticed that the same tube/hose is broken right where it connects to the air box. It has a L connection there.
I went to an advance auto to recycle the engine oil today and asked the dude if they carry the part and he couldn't find anything but suggested I call the Ford stealership. Just wondering if any of you have any ideas on this. I would call Ford but am not sure about the name of the part.

Thanks guys. As always FF members rock.

#13 ·
Looks like this thread is close to what I am looking for.
I see in these pics that the pcv tube dives down toward the intake. I know it should connect to the manifold but where and how?
Mine was bought with a junk yard motor that dropped valve seats in all four cylinders due to nit cleaning the plenum. I have rebuilt it with a new bulletproof head but cannot figure out where this goes. HELP. [dunno]

New member. Ford powerstroke, ford fusion, ford explorer owner.

#14 ·
I finally replaced this part. Went to Ford and they were able to identify it as Engine Crankcase Breather Hose. The part number is 6C663 for those who want to order it from Ford. Installation was a breeze. It doesn t come with the sponge filter, so that would have to be ordered separately, if the existing one crumbles like mine did.
The hose snaps in place and you don t need to open the airbox, unless you want to clean up and replace the sponge filter. Mine was kind of messy inside, so i kind of cleaned the bottom of my airbox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.