Instrument Cluster...... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4909
What I Drive: '06 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 NIR Panther Jedi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Instrument Cluster......

Anyone know how to get a new instrument cluster for the SPI focus...Well the ones without a tach in them...Mine doesn't have a tach...and I would like to have one..anything helps... :)

<Team Duratec #49>

CAI, Custom exhaust, 2.5" piping, 3A Racing Muffler...(Sounds pretty good..)

JVC Headunit: MP3/CD/AM-FM
2 12" Subs in Bandpass box
580WATT Dual 2/1 Channel Amp
Radar Detector
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 6675
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus SPI

FF Reputation: 1 FordRacing2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
umm if you really want the tach in dash its very hard first you have to buy the cluster its about 300. I tried a junk yard and they said 100 but its easier to buy and after market tach. and you are still able to buy white face gauges for the no tach cluster
Old 08-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #3

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
HI NooBs!! Welcome to FF! First off, try Ebay. If you pay over $60 you got smoked. You have to watch for one that is either very close to your mileage or just over. When your mileage and the "new' mileage match, do the swap. Done. It's completely plug-and-play, not like the add-on tach. I see you're having problems with your add-on tach,FR2. There will be no such problems with the no-tach-to-tach-swap. Swap, done.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:15 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10255
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 kinkyfink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If you got the cash just get it from the dealership for $300. They will send it to you from the factory with the exact miles you had on your old one. If you buy them off ebay with the promise of "if you take it to the dealership they can reset the mileage for you", you've been duped. The dealership cannot reset the mileage for you. Also depending on how nice the guy at the Ford parts store is, you might have to pay an extra $100 for the core charge you would have recieved, because your trading up to a better cluster.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:37 PM   #5
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by kinkyfink
If you buy them off ebay with the promise of "if you take it to the dealership they can reset the mileage for you", you've been duped. The dealership cannot reset the mileage for you.
WRONG!!!

The dealership can reset the milage for you. i was at my dealership yesterday and spoke with the service manager. unfortunatly the dealership i was at would charge me one hour of labor ($100) which i dont think is worth it. but it can be done!!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6997
What I Drive: 2k1 tw.blu.met se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 XfocusX Good Standing Member
so all you need to do is swap a no tach for a set with a tach and it will be hunky dory? no extra wires? the tach will just work?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:06 PM   #7
Capt. Urn

the tach will just work. as simple as that. just unplug one and plug in the other.

the problem is the milage on the odometer is in the tach, so unless you get a cluster with the same # of miles or get it reset your odometer will be off.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10255
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 kinkyfink Good Standing Member
Well every dealership I went to said they would have to send it into the manufacturer to get it reset, they couldnt do it there. Maybe in Colorodo there super duper special or something, I dunno.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:31 PM   #9
Capt. Urn

well, dont believe me if you dont want to.... doesnt really matter to me.
if you dont believe me, call my dealership. the number is 720-469-1801 ext. 202

from my understanding, the dealership has to upload information to someplace else, then download new info, so its not the dealership that does it, though it is done there.

maybe my dealership is super duper special, but then again, mayb emy dealership just cares about its customers.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6997
What I Drive: 2k1 tw.blu.met se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 XfocusX Good Standing Member
and the technology is there, no extra work at all, why do they make the cars different? (some with a speedo, and some with both tach and speedo? you would think to save costs they would put the same in all instead of making a different part.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.