I have no idea what im doing - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 01:16 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 10079
What I Drive: 2001 pitch black Se

FF Reputation: 1 maverick71486 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question I have no idea what im doing

Yeah, so heres the deal...my mom surprsied me with a new car, 2001 black focus se sedan sith an SPI obviously....I dont know the first thing about cars but my friend gave me this website and told me i could learn a few things...so...i have some ideas for the interior as far as painting a racing seats, but i dont knwo shit about engines or waht you could do to the exterior. what are some basics i should know? work with me

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2004, 01:20 AM   #2
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
First thing.... Welcome to the Site!!

Second, you might want to check out the following links... they give you a brief description of the basic mods that you can do, very informative....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...?s=&forumid=39 (I know it's for a ZETEC but check out the stickies so you can get familar with the mods out there for all focus models, alot of them can apply to the SPI)

http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/interiorpainting/ will link you to the How-to for the interior painting stuff.....

Third, check around on here, hang out, you will learn everything you need to know in no time....

Again.... Welcome...
Old 07-04-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks for the warm welcome. ive actually checked out the interior painting page before. still havent decided whcih color im going to go....black car...everything goes. as far as the engine shit goes...that'll take me a while to understand so im thinking ill do that last. Get the paint and body kit, shit that i knwo how to do already out of the way. I wanted to do lime green for the interior with green neons but unfortunatey i cant find lime green racing seats, or a good shade for the dash for that matter, so now im thinking yellow, tell me what yall think
Old 07-04-2004, 02:06 PM   #4
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Welcome and another great site for parts is:

www.steedafocus.com
www.focusperformance.com

Great sites, start with a cool air intake, exhaust, chip.

Chips at www.focussport.com

If u want some cool euro tails, I recommend the TYC at
www.elegantebytyc.com

Another cool sites 4 focus parts is www.jcwhitney.com u can request a free catalog, if u want 2 browse first.
Oh and www.matrixracing.com

Hope this helps, best of luck and don't feel dumb, at least u admit it, some people don't.
I semi know my stuff, just the basics, changing oil, putting on body parts, painting, changing a tire and just the usual. Getting 2 know more, it's fun, u will see.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

haha, got he changing a tire thing and ive done interior painting so no probs there, but...for example...."start with a cool air intake, exhaust, chip." no clue what to buy exactly, how to install, where it is on my engine. ok and will some one please explain....i went to hyperformance.com to look at some racing seats, $299 for the PAIR i want. clicked on this other site uh...

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/Me...Category_Code=

$800! for one.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Yeah, expensive, I am going with the Steeda seats $1,000 to $2,000 and we gotta drive down there 2 install in Florida. But they look good.
Well, the chip is so easy at focussport they have directions, and the cool air intake is easy too.
It sounded like u knew nothing, that's why I said I know the basics, sorry.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

yeah, i dont have that kind of green. ill spring for the $300 pair. now heres where im stuck again. here are the ones i want to get:

http://www.shophyperformance.com/store/001293.html

What the hell do i do for the back seats? What are my options
Old 07-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 415
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jpickles Good Standing Member
Congrats on the car and welcome to the site.

There is nothing we can do, the hippies have us surrounded, and they look like they have the munchies!
Old 07-04-2004, 03:48 PM   #9
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
one thing to be careful about with racing seats is that they tend to not be comfortable for daily driving. The 300 dollar style one that you have selected have been known to not be as comfortable as the 1000 dollar ones and both not as comfortable as stock. But the yellow will look freak'n nice!

Focus on the Mountain
Old 07-04-2004, 03:51 PM   #10
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Yeah the Steeda seats are nice, you know that they basically just take your seats out, repad them and then reapholster them with the new material. That is why you have to take your down to their shop or send them your seats... they look amazing when their done....

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.