What cars you raced? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
Banned

Fan#: 8860
What I Drive: 03, Black, 4dr focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 golden305pervert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What cars you raced?

I saw this topic in another location but all i saw were people with zx3's posting and im like "wtf i wanna know how people w/ my car do things"

Be prepared to explain your race, your mods and the other cars mods if you know them.

lets get started:
1-i've only had my car for a month so i raced my friends Protege5
he has an intake, a strut bar, and and exhaust...im stock...so he blew me but to my defence, this is my first stick car and i didnt know we were racing untill he had sped up a bit

so how bout you?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9601
What I Drive: 2005 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 SacredSoul Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I raced my friends brother 1998 BMW 328is and got my spanked but i knew that be4 the race i just wanted to see what would happened. I raced a couple civics with ehaust and i beat them easily and my '05 ST is stock
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 7736
What I Drive: 2001 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 exoticrider04 Good Standing Member
I have raced a pontiac sunfire i beat it stock, I have also raced my g/f in her 95 volvo 850 GLT I got her off the line but she caught up lol
Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #4

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I get beat by old farts on their three wheeled bicycles....Wait, it CAN'T be a bicycle with three wheels, now can it?? So I get beat by old farts on theit TRIcycles....
Old 06-22-2004, 10:24 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1511
What I Drive: 01 lx flat black

FF Reputation: 1 bacc231 Good Standing Member
I cant beat anything cept a j body
Old 06-22-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 150
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 cpyder Good Standing Member
well, my best race was with a CRX.....I got spanked but I won the war.....

the moron revs next to me, so I rev back and we take off... I did not even bother cause I knew he was going to leave me behind like an ugly prom date. HE sure as hell was not stock. I think he had the frienkinstien in it. Anywho.... he blew me away and decided to wait for me and do it again. Like dude, get over yourself. So fine, I endulged him again. Then he went for a third...... now I am pissed. So I make my turn to head home.... there is alot of construction around and I do not want to entertain this tonka toy anymore. Only he has other plans. He is reving his a$$ off behind me and then pulls out of his lane and floors it. I am thinking... O dear god not again... then my brain clicks...his is about to kill himself. I cut out of the lane fast and blow my horn ( yeah like he is gonna hear my horn over both our exhausts, thats a laugh).
Then I start flashing my highs... and my highs are bright.. HIDs... I can see the reflection off of all the barracades... he still doesn't.... untill its too late. He slams on his brakes... I am thinking "crap, I hope he cuts right....".. I think he heard me and cuts left... right over the median. I can hear stuff getting ripped off the bottom of his car and I mean alot of stuff. As I coast past him I can still hear bits and large chunks of metal scraping the ground even though his car is dead stopped.... and I mean DEAD stopped.

I did circle around to make sure he was ok.. he had his hood propped up, so I just started cracking up and kept going. He flashed his flashlight at me.....thinking I was going to stop.. like hell, he got what he had coming...

I beat an SRT4 off the line, I kept beating him too, the dude must not understand his little extra does not kick in till like 35 mph. and the lights were too close together for him to keep up. Untill I ran out of street lights.. then he got to use his turbo.

Other than that. I do not race much. I like to show off when I have it sitting still. But i know it cannot do much on the road...yet.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:43 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1885
What I Drive: Accord

FF Reputation: 1 neojen Good Standing Member
I dont race.. really at all.. but I did awhile back, because my friend wanted to.. hes got an 88 crx, hiflow cat, exhaust, and a filter(hes a 5spd).. I had an intake and aftercat exhaust(Im auto.).. so we go to an old unused road.. we were being flagged, I got a quick lead and kept pulling so I figured he probably wouldnt catch me, but he did and barely won by maybe a 1/4 of a car.. I also raced a guy in a 4 door civic (a 97?).. he had exhaust and also a 5spd.. I beat him.. I dont think he could drive very well..
Old 06-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84
What I Drive: 2001 focus se

FF Reputation: 1 carkrazy1234 Good Standing Member
I have a lightly modded focus, exhaust, intake, swab, and its 5 spd...

So i raced my friends stock civic (auto) its the dx 4dr so i smoked him he was in auto and did a brake start and it didnt matter b/c he nvr caught up. ..

I raced my friends g35 coupe he stalled so i beat him lol but hten at the next light he smoked me so bad i decided to save my gas...Then we went to taco bell.

I raced an echo and beat it i assume it was stock...

I raced my friends gt (not gts) celica its 140 hp and he has 2 12s in the trunk so its hvy and he has underglow but swears his car is so fast... I can drive better than him and my starts own him b/c he thinks that his 5spd is hard to drive (bs). So off the line i take him then about half way throuhg second gear (45 mph) he is at my rear bumper in the left lane but the road curves and he brakes (???) i dunno y but he did so i took him on the turn and we stopped at the lgiht and i was like what biatch...

Other than that nothing else lately i have been driving to save gas b/c it went up to 2.19
Old 06-26-2004, 02:40 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2609
FF Reputation: 1 ghostils Good Standing Member
Eclipse GT

Last night on the way home from work I raced an 03/04 eclipse GT. He had a passenger, and I had just me and about 3 gallons of gas left in the tank. We went from a roll, he was a about 2 ft ahead of my car before we started, so it wasn't exactly headsup, but I was right on him like stink on shiat until 70MPH in 3rd gear, then he started pulling away, @ 85MPH he had a full car length on me. I knew I was gonna lose, but I didn't think it was gonna be that close for as long as it was. (Though I did nail all my shifts on the dot heheheheheheheeheh). We both pulled into the same gas station to fill up, I was curious if he was just f'n around with me, so I asked if he was try'n and he was like "yeah I was gett'n on it good there", and apparently was on his way to somewhere else for more racing. I figure if he didn't have the extra person he woulda really handed me my ass though hehehe.

My Specs:
2003 SPI, Bomz Short Ram, lowered 1.5", 17" light ass Enkei RS6 rims and Toyo's.

Soonish mods: Electronic SWAB, New gauge cluster w/tach, Exhaust, Light Flywheel and Heavier clutch. Maybe LSD if they fit our tranny, or if I can find out how to get a Zx3 MTX75 with the better final drive bolted up =D

-ghost[iLs]
Old 06-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #10
Banned

Fan#: 8860
What I Drive: 03, Black, 4dr focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 golden305pervert Good Standing Member
you wouldnt happen to have any pics of ur car, would you?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.