Focus Wagon Gone After 11/20/06 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Focus Wagon Gone After 11/20/06

https://www.fleet.ford.com/ShowWhatsNewItem.asp?id=359

Quote:
Final orders for Focus Wagon due by November 20th
Consumer demand for small fuel-efficient cars is up, so we have increased production of Focus to meet that demand, and we're aligning our resources around the high-volume models, the 4-door sedan and 3 and 5-door hatchbacks. Therefore, the 2007 Focus wagon will go out of production in December of this year. The wagon model has consistently been the lowest volume model of the lineup, with approximately 8% of the total volume, therefore with renewed consumer interest in small cars due to higher gas prices, we want to align our product offerings with customer demand.

Visit Focus Wagon Showroom page.

if you were planning on getting one, do not hesitate - there will VERY LIKELY be no Wagon in 2008 or 2009 Model Year.

Igor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
fwdsvtowner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15906
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT 3dr EAP

FF Reputation: 1 fwdsvtowner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
too bad, the wagon was one of the best looking body styles when done right (like the SVT wagons that a few people have done). just goes to show you how much most Americans dislike the wagon/hatchback body styles... i would drive a wagon over an SUV/minivan anyday.
Build #1111
Old 10-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
SuperFocusMan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 20307
What I Drive: 12 Cloud 9 White SEL

Points 3,053, Level 34
Points: 3,053, Level: 34 Points: 3,053, Level: 34 Points: 3,053, Level: 34
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 SuperFocusMan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Well with the money saved by not making the wagon they should shift that into the
mk2 we are going to get
N/A Crew #2
Old 10-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
penguin
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Member penguin Excellent Standing Member
"just goes to show you how much most Americans dislike the wagon/hatchback body styles..."

It doesn't help that Ford never seemed to promote or advertise it, mainly showing it as a footnote to the non-wagon Focus variations, if at all.

I suspect they never promoted it much simply because they would rather sell someone "up" to a higher margin Escape or larger car, and worried about canibalization of the larger models. Owning a Focus Wagon I can say that with the exception of carrying more than two people comfortably (which the Wagon cannot do unless they are rather small people), it does about 90% of what my Explorer does, and also works quite well in the Winter with its FWD, vs. the 4WD of the Explorer. Of course the 4WD is better, but not nearly as much as I would have expected.

But, OTOH, BMW doesn't promote their wagons much in the U.S. either, focusing on their SAV models instead.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
^ but their still availible

i'd love to stuff an M3 engine in one of those wagons... hilarity ensues
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"

Bookmarks & Social Networks