2008 Focus Coupe Sedan - Spy Pics - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2006, 09:47 PM   #61
Fazerdude
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37744
What I Drive: 2007 Black Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Fazerdude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If the ST is misnamed than the SVT is as well, IMO. Main difference in real-world performance between the two are the tires.

I sure would not want a shorter geared ST, and a 6th would likely just be a close-ratio box, which is not needed with the torquey 2.3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #62
Lucidity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24961
What I Drive: 2006 United Grey GTI Pkg 2

FF Reputation: 1 Lucidity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by S2
Either way, wherever comes over here WON'T look like the MK2 over in Europe and wherever else, it'll be updated by then. Probably will see the C1 but the focus body and styling won't look like the current versions. That's a given... probably more like what we see in the pics on the link in this thread.
Not really Ford is under new management now and to make different cars for all of the world doesn't make sense. He is going with a global platform and says we will see the mk2 in 08. Ford cant afford to loose in the small car market, one that will and is seeing a good bit of movement at the moment. Since they have not started full production of the model seen, and models like those were seen over 1 year ago, they could scrap that whole idea without wasting too much revenue in r&d.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #63
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
Not really Ford is under new management now and to make different cars for all of the world doesn't make sense. He is going with a global platform and says we will see the mk2 in 08. Ford cant afford to loose in the small car market, one that will and is seeing a good bit of movement at the moment. Since they have not started full production of the model seen, and models like those were seen over 1 year ago, they could scrap that whole idea without wasting too much revenue in r&d.
ok, and what about the three bar grill, is that being killed or is it going to be shoved on the MKII.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #64
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Fazerdude
If the ST is misnamed than the SVT is as well, IMO. Main difference in real-world performance between the two are the tires.

I sure would not want a shorter geared ST, and a 6th would likely just be a close-ratio box, which is not needed with the torquey 2.3.
My point is all the ST has over the other models is an extra .3L of displacement, SVT struts, rear disc brakes and some minor external appearance changes and a nicer interior, while the SVT was radically different from the base-model hatches in just about every way.

I'd much rather have a shorter final ratio...have you ever driven a 4.06 equipped Focus? You trade about 10 MPH at the very top of the technical speed limit in exchange for better acceleration across the board, where its far more useful. Have you ever bounced off the rev limiter in fifth gear? Have you even come close to redlining in fifth? Odds are you haven't, and unless you plan on doing some serious high-dollar modifications to your car to get it to the point where it'll spin past 10,000 RPMs you never will.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:40 PM   #65
karguy427
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by igor
not 3door, 5door or Wagon for 08 and 09 - they will likely return in 2010 all new Focus.

Ford saved a lot of $$$ by keeping only 2 body styles for the redesign, and their market research told them there would be more demand for a nice 2door coupe than a 3door hatch, so they wen that way. the 5door and wagon made onyl 16% of Focus sales combined - so thye got canned for now.

the line will likely re-expand in the new model - but this is a 2 model year quick fix ( an expensive one at that) - so they wanted to eliminate some of the expenses.

Igor
IGOR - Where do you get your info that the ZX3 / ZX5 / wagon are being discontinued?
I wouldn't assume that because there are only spy photos of the coupe and sedan.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #66
Lucidity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24961
What I Drive: 2006 United Grey GTI Pkg 2

FF Reputation: 1 Lucidity Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
ok, and what about the three bar grill, is that being killed or is it going to be shoved on the MKII.
That whole design would be scrapped. Plus the more I look at the pic the more I think it is a Fusion in the first place, look at the side mirrors, and how ultra tiny the wheels look in the wells.

Last edited by Lucidity; 09-28-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #67
secondechomatt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 19662
What I Drive: 2007 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 2 secondechomatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by karguy427
IGOR - Where do you get your info that the ZX3 / ZX5 / wagon are being discontinued?
I wouldn't assume that because there are only spy photos of the coupe and sedan.
He's assuming nothing. No hatch, no wagon..... cut, print, done.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #68
dubalicious
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33589
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, I call her Vera.

FF Reputation: 2 dubalicious Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
Anyway im coming into reality, guys it seems the focus that was unqiue and really stood out from the crowed that we used to know and love is slowly fading away, I have no more faith in it.
I agree, when the Focus came out it was special, nothing else was like it on the market, and now it just seems Ford is letting that specialness dissapear.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 AM   #69
karguy427
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by secondechomatt
He's assuming nothing. No hatch, no wagon..... cut, print, done.
Says WHO?
I've seen no confirmation on this from Ford.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:06 AM   #70
secondechomatt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 19662
What I Drive: 2007 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 2 secondechomatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well, technically you have. Some of us tend to know a little more about inside matters. ;) Pay close attention to the locations of people, and it might make a little more sense.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->