2008 Focus Coupe Sedan - Spy Pics - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #21
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Could be the area, I actually really watch for them out there... but yeah it makes sense, the focus sedan is, to some extent, a family car...........

It would be neat to see some actual numbers from Ford on this, just to add to this.

As I said, I wouldn't be suprised if they do away with the hatch and bring out something new in 2008 for a subcompact/compact car. With the contour being gone, and the 500 making horrid sales, maybe the aim is for a more 'family oriented' design.

It does make sense though, why would the make a hatch, a coupe AND a sedan, as well as a wagon. Maybe this will be the end of the hatch...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
S2
Retired Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by igor
not 3door, 5door or Wagon for 08 and 09 - they will likely return in 2010 all new Focus.

Ford saved a lot of $$$ by keeping only 2 body styles for the redesign, and their market research told them there would be more demand for a nice 2door coupe than a 3door hatch, so they wen that way. the 5door and wagon made onyl 16% of Focus sales combined - so thye got canned for now.

the line will likely re-expand in the new model - but this is a 2 model year quick fix ( an expensive one at that) - so they wanted to eliminate some of the expenses.

Igor
Yeah I agree, well put......

Looks like big changes for the focus...........
Old 09-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #23
AK_05_ZX5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25871
What I Drive: 2005 liquid Grey ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 AK_05_ZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually see more sedans in Alaska than i do hatch backs. there are only 4 other ZX5s in my local area that i know of.

and if the new focus does have a turbo lets pray that it has atleast 210 hp or more! with as much hp as the cobalt SS and the dodge cockroach (caliber) are putting out its going to need atleast close to that to compete.

"Dont you know you never hit a lady........Kicking your ass would be a pleasure!"
NickleBack
Old 09-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #24
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
Honda had the hatch/coupe/sedan line-up for years, and it worked great for them. Sadly americans aren;t that in to hatches and honda did away with them stateside
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #25
SVT Robzor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I see Tiburon in that horizontal character line, which is odd.

The belt line looks higher, which is odd too. This is a bunch of new metal for a mid-model reskin. The head and tail lights, as pointed out, are a completely different style. It makes precious little sense to me that they would reskin the C170 so significantly just, what, 18 months before they need to retool if they want to pump out Mk3 Focii like we want to see?

More and more I'm thinking we're not going to see the next gen volvo/mazda/ford chassis Focus any more than we saw the C1 chassis. It doesnt make much sense either to move us to C1, since I'm pretty sure I read thats getting changed wherever else its being used worldwide. So, if we cant get C1, being that it doesnt exist after MY2010, and we assume we dont get euro Mk3 chassis, which is more than possible, and we assume also that Ford wont develop a new chassis specifically for the USDM Focus, which is about dead-certain........ I smell 5 more years of C170? Lets hope it at least looks good.

Screw C1 anyway, it was heavier. Who needs safety, I want light weight!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #26
S2
Retired Fanatic

LOL trust me the C1 is DAMN SOLID............. I would know (2006 S40 here).

But yeah, this goes along with the thread Viney and I are posting in, also in General Chat about the possiblity of a DIESEL version.

I honestly don't know what Ford is thinking, truly..... it's like their whole market research department isn't paying attention to the consumers real wants and needs in this car, as well as others. Everything is getting tossed away it seems when it comes to things that would truly keep this car living....

At the rate they are going, the focus is going to be dust soon...........
Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #27
fwdsvtowner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15906
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT 3dr EAP

FF Reputation: 1 fwdsvtowner Good Standing Member
i'm sure Ford is studying the last 5 years of sales by body style... i know a large majority of what i see on the road is sedans (Americans love their "notchbacks" and hatchbacks not so much). initially what i read was they were keeping the sedan, wagon, ZX3, and ZX5 while adding the new coupe... probably depends on how much they'll have to spend to change the sheet metal, but we'll see i guess...
Build #1111
Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #28
pio
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 198
What I Drive: 2012 Black Mustnag GT

FF Reputation: 2 pio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
could a sedan/coupe sheet metal be used in the c1 platform?

or maybe...
could those be a 2010 model?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #29
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
i dont care i love how the car is gonna look, i hope loos good, and i hope it has factory turbo or SC cuz yea, i might upgrade to a 2010 fofo, after bugs get worked out of course
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #30
S2
Retired Fanatic

2010 is far far far down the road...... who knows if the focus will even be around by then, which I'm sure it will.... either way, looks like a big overhaul for the focus in the coming years.

Bookmarks & Social Networks