2008 Focus Coupe Sedan - Spy Pics - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #91
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
From what I hear Ford isn't killing the hatches they're killing the wagon . . .
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #92
turbovation
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
That would be some good news. I have never been the biggest fan of a wagon. I think certain wagons look good..but not the focus wagon. Hopefully that doesn't offend anybody! Hatchbacks are awesome. If you have never owned one, make sure you take a ride in the back seat of one at some point in your life.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #93
FOCUS ZTS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5840
What I Drive: Burned 300hp Turboed black 00 ZTS

FF Reputation: 6 FOCUS ZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
All i can say is that if this is not a turbo focus then we are never going to get one. Itz time for them to bring a AWD 6 speed turbo focus here, I HATE YOU FORD.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #94
turbovation
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
I can't tell if they are just trying to create anticipation, or if they really don't believe it will sell. Do you think Ford (at least the people that matter) peruse these forums to find general information on what people want? If not, they really should. FF and FJ comprise a pretty damn big chunk of their customer base!! If they truly don't pay attention to what the public, I can think of a bunch of people on here who would be very qualified to design us a Focus that can (at least a little bit) stand up to those damn euros.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:06 PM   #95
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by turbovation
Do you think Ford (at least the people that matter) peruse these forums to find general information on what people want? If not, they really should. FF and FJ comprise a pretty damn big chunk of their customer base!!
Not really...while this forum has 40,000+ members, it only has about 700 active members. Most people who register on this forum aren't enthusiasts, instead they found this forum via websearch because they either had questions about the car before buying it or already owned one and had a technical question. So they joined, asked their question and then never came back. The Focus enthusiast community represented by the FF and FJ forums probably doesn't even number above 2,000 people, and Ford isn't going to care what 2,000 people think they should sell considering they have a much higher target in mind when they sell cars. If the Focus was a niche-market high-dollar car (like the GT) the voices of 2,000 enthusiasts might actually mean something, but the Focus (at least in the US) is first and foremost an econobox being marketed to people looking for a small, affordable, reliable and efficent commuter. As far as Ford is concerned, if you want a performance vehicle you should buy a Mustang, or go with one of their subsidiary brands (Mazda, Volvo or Jaguar.) We're lucky enough to have gotten a near-direct import of the ST170 in the SVTF, and I'm still convinced to this day that the best Focus we'll ever get here has already come and gone in the SVT. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to be proven wrong on this point, but based on what Ford has done in the past with Euro compacts sold in the states I simply do not see them ever giving us something with a turbo here.

Last edited by SkaAddict; 11-12-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #96
Lucidity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24961
What I Drive: 2006 United Grey GTI Pkg 2

FF Reputation: 1 Lucidity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
They should just make it an aftermarket add on. That way people that want it can get it, plus save on some insurance money. You're going to have to pay for it one way or another anyway.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #97
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Points 18,026, Level 85
Points: 18,026, Level: 85 Points: 18,026, Level: 85 Points: 18,026, Level: 85
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SkaAddict
Not really...while this forum has 40,000+ members, it only has about 700 active members. Most people who register on this forum aren't enthusiasts, instead they found this forum via websearch because they either had questions about the car before buying it or already owned one and had a technical question. So they joined, asked their question and then never came back. The Focus enthusiast community represented by the FF and FJ forums probably doesn't even number above 2,000 people, and Ford isn't going to care what 2,000 people think they should sell considering they have a much higher target in mind when they sell cars. If the Focus was a niche-market high-dollar car (like the GT) the voices of 2,000 enthusiasts might actually mean something, but the Focus (at least in the US) is first and foremost an econobox being marketed to people looking for a small, affordable, reliable and efficent commuter. As far as Ford is concerned, if you want a performance vehicle you should buy a Mustang, or go with one of their subsidiary brands (Mazda, Volvo or Jaguar.) We're lucky enough to have gotten a near-direct import of the ST170 in the SVTF, and I'm still convinced to this day that the best Focus we'll ever get here has already come and gone in the SVT. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to be proven wrong on this point, but based on what Ford has done in the past with Euro compacts sold in the states I simply do not see them ever giving us something with a turbo here.
Nicely stated.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 11-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #98
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
im assuming, ford is making a coupe to compete with the civic coupe and cobalt coupe. So hopfully theyll be making a version of the coupe to compete with the SS and the SI, and if were luckly theyll have the same powertrain in the sedan to compete with SI sedan.

If only i was head of designs for the next ford focus and had the rest of you enthusiast as my crew. lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.