Rear Windshield Wiper Problem (HELP!) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-24-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Rear Windshield Wiper Problem (HELP!)

I got my car back from the shop about a week ago as many of you know. I had to have the hatch replaced due to a large dent. Yesterday I was cleaning the car (making my friends shine the rims since they always ride in it =) and i realized something when I threw on the back windshield wiper. It was going backwards! Instead of wiping of the windshield the damn thing goes down and tries to wipe of the back of the car. Does anyone know what possibly could be the problem I am going to take it to the dealership (yet again) to figure out whats wrong with it.

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
awebb
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
They installed the motor upside down. Since it does an arc, it needs to be positioned right.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:25 PM   #3
laloggia
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 808
What I Drive: 2000 Lincoln LS V8

FF Reputation: 1 laloggia Good Standing Member
I know this may sound dumb, but do you have the wiper on the correct side??? It should be on the right side of the window and start its sweep moving to the left, then complete the sweep to the right (while looking at the back of the car). If it was installed on the left side of the rear window, it would wipe the other way, making it wipe the license plate....just a thought...
Old 03-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #4
awebb
Focus Addict

I really didn't think of that, they may have put the wiper on the wrong side, that would do the same thing.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Either way it sounds like a mess up from the body shop. Take it back and have them correct it, they should have done a test to make sure everything was in order before they gave your SVTF back to you anyways.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 03-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Im a noob at this (its my first car) but how do I change out the rear windshield wiper cause its on the left side???

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

Old 03-24-2004, 01:37 PM   #7
awebb
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by R&DSVTZX5
Either way it sounds like a mess up from the body shop. Take it back and have them correct it, they should have done a test to make sure everything was in order before they gave your SVTF back to you anyways.
Right on!! You shouldn't have to fix their mistake. If you just want to avoid the hassle of bringing it back to the dealer though, I understand.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #8
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by Seb656
Im a noob at this (its my first car) but how do I change out the rear windshield wiper cause its on the left side???
Flip the cap up, and below is a nut. Remove the nut, and then work the wiper blade off. It will be tight, and will require a lot of working, wiggling, and some prying.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:18 PM   #9
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

thanks all

Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 PM   #10
sexy2002svt
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3468
What I Drive: JDM Mugen Turtle

FF Reputation: 4 sexy2002svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
ok, since this is not a major problem, and you should be able to fix this pretty easily.....hahahahaha. that sounds funny, i would like to see that happen, a wiper going down, across the back of the car......it didn't scratch any paint did it?

Bookmarks & Social Networks