Ford Part Numbers reference... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
dchoward1977
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16096
What I Drive: 2000 Cloud 9 White Focus LX sedan

FF Reputation: 1 dchoward1977 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Part Numbers reference...

Anyone out there know of a reference or database for part numbers? I'm trying to decode the part number on this taillight I got so I can determine where in the world it's from. All the part number decoder sites I've found are for '90's and older Fords. The part number for this light is ASY XS41-13405-HC. Here's a pic of the taillight... I need to find the passenger side light now. Never seen this style before... Please help.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	focus amber taillight.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	9920  

"My third gear went out. I put a new one in but the car didn't like it so it didn't use it."--My idiot neighbor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
dude... I need to find out some stuff too. Good luck...

Focus on the Mountain
Old 09-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Not sure if that's a Ford part...it looks similar to the Euro sedan tails, but they don't have a reverse light in the tail (Euro Foci have the reverse lamp in the bumper.)
Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
penguin
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Memberpenguin Excellent Standing Member
The "XS41-13405-HC" sounds like a Ford part, and some Ford parts have the "XS41" prefix (if you do a google for XS41 and Ford, you will find some Ford parts, e.g., an "XS41-17508-CA" is a Focus Wiper Motor).

I believe the "ASY" bit just stands for "Assembly," and is not part of the part number.

Try checking with a dealers parts department and see if they will type it into their computer, as I'm sure they can do a part number search. But if it's European or something, it may not be in their database.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
dchoward1977
Focus Enthusiast

It IS a Ford part, that I do know, has the Ford logo stamped into the back just like my stock light. There are 2 part numbers stamped into the back, as with the stocker. Looks like one number is for the whole unit and one for the lens. I DID find that the 13000 catagory number do relate to lighting. I don't think it's a European light, since there's no spot for a rear fog light. The European sedan lights DO have the reverse light in the same spot as ours (see European-Parts.net). It's identical to our US spec lights other than the amber turn signal section (and the part numbers), and there's no SAE or DOT stamps on the lens. No E-mark either. It has a manufacture date of '97 ('98 was launch in Europe) on it too, whereas the stock one is from '99 (2000 was US launch). I have another thread going on this in Exterior Body & Lighting ( http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=97475 )
No answers as of yet as to where it's from. I've been on almost every country's eBay used car site looking at pictures of early sedans-most have European lights except for Mexico and Canada, which use US spec lights. The guy I bought it from never emailed me back on where he got it. So I guess to sum up what I know:
1.Light dates from Focus launch in 1998
2.Light not US specification, even though the only difference is amber turn signal.
3.Light presumably not European or Asian spec, since no provision for mandatory rear foglight.
4.Light IS DEFINATELY for the Focus-put it on mine, perfect fit.
5.Light is not altered or painted in any way, lens molded in 3 colors (red, amber, clear).

Looks great on the car, better than the European tails and FAR better than all the fugly aftermarket lights. REALLY want to find the passenger side light. I've NEVER seen tails like these before, but SOMEBODY out there must have... I can't have the only taillight like this in existance...can I? Do I have a one-of-a-kind-top-secret-prototype taillight? I may never know...

"My third gear went out. I put a new one in but the car didn't like it so it didn't use it."--My idiot neighbor

Last edited by dchoward1977; 09-19-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
On second thought, it looks like a US tail with amber plastic on the top lamp. You could have a prototype lamp that never made it to production, or its possible its from another market other than European like South America, Africa or Australia.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
dchoward1977
Focus Enthusiast

It IS identical to a US lamp except for that amber section, yes. The only difference in part numbers is the last two digits...HC for the mystery light and CA and HD for the US spec light. Been looking at used Foci on eBay worldwide... Not in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Mexico, Spain, UK, Germany, Switzerland, etc. Checked them all except for China and Asian ones--can't read the language by a long shot. I've tried finding picture from the Focus's launch in '98 but found none. All the European models I've found have the same lights that European Parts carries. I'm stumped. Gonna try calling Ford dealer in the morning, but I have the feeling that even if they know anything (which I highly doubt) they won't tell me anyway since it's not a US spec part.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #8
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That is odd...

Brazil is close, but the amber is off:
Old 09-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #9
dchoward1977
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, those are European spec lights. I haven't found so much as a photo of the one I got, other than the photo I have.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #10
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
That is a Ford part engineering number for a taillamp. But, it doesnt cross over on my Ford computer. The base number 13405 designates a taillamp.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!

Bookmarks & Social Networks