European Focus in late 2008!? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
AndrewST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 36539
What I Drive: 2006 Infra Red ST

FF Reputation: 1 AndrewST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Talking European Focus in late 2008!?

Hello everyone!

Just thought I would share a little information about Ford, things coming down the road that some may not know. As someone who works with ford products directly I get information a little ahead of most.

As I am sure most of you know, Bill Ford is no longer at the top of Ford. They brought in Alan Mulally from Boeing to make the downsize and streamline of Ford as easiest as possible.

So what in gods name am I rambling about?!? Well simple!!!

Part of the new plan for ford is to bring the B and C platform to the states. The B and C platform is what is in Europe. There is some talk about bringing the Diesel focus over now that we are using ultra low sulfur diesel. As well as the European focus in general. In 2008 we will see a complete redesign of the focus to European specs (at least this is what they are saying). Does this mean we will see a Focus RS or better, a very good chance! Ford has finally acknowledge the fact that the Focus doesn't sell as well as the imports, and they are wanting to take over the small car market with something that looks better, and drives better than what we currently have!

Not only that but by 2009 Ford will have 5 new vehicles that are currently not seen in the states on the road! They will also have at least 50% of the Ford line with a Hybrid option, as well as a heavy duty F-150 with a diesel!!

So there are HUGE changes in the works for Ford, we as focus lovers are going to see HUGE changes in what we can purchase and drive! The truck guys as well! The F-150 will have a complete redesign in 2008.

Just thought some of you would like to know.....

Oh, and full specs of the new Super Duty will be released in about a week and a half! Photos and all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
therealjon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38509
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 therealjon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT Fiesta please.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
RsDriver24
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27631
What I Drive: 2011 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 RsDriver24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yes!!!! that is what i heard the day we get a better focus is the day my 05 says bye bye and i get a euro performance one i just hope it all goes through well i cant wait to see them
Team Duratec #6
Current Mods: Fs Cai Borla Catback H&R cup kit Tinted windows 20% Tinted Tails& Side Markers Ford racing Short Throw Svt pedals Rs Ebrake Rs C.f Wing C.f hood F.s Front stress bar Triple Guage pod with C2 Alot more cant list
Old 09-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by therealjon
SVT Fiesta please.
+1
Old 09-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
SharpFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35951
What I Drive: 2006 Infrared ZX4; 2003 Sportster

FF Reputation: 3 SharpFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by therealjon
SVT Fiesta please.
SVT Fiesta or SVT Festiva ?
Burton Team Duratec #83
I don't drink beer to get drunk....sometimes it just happens
If a man says something in the woods, and there's no woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?
Old 09-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Points 18,040, Level 85
Points: 18,040, Level: 85 Points: 18,040, Level: 85 Points: 18,040, Level: 85
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
I head that in 08 they were making a 2 door coupe fofo, and we were possibly going to get the euro platform in 2010. I have seen a few camo foci driving arounf dearborn. The ysaid that if they bring th euro platform over, it would be so nice that it would cut sales from the fuzion, plus they would have to raisse the price.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
AndrewST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 36539
What I Drive: 2006 Infra Red ST

FF Reputation: 1 AndrewST Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffman355
I head that in 08 they were making a 2 door coupe fofo, and we were possibly going to get the euro platform in 2010. I have seen a few camo foci driving arounf dearborn. The ysaid that if they bring th euro platform over, it would be so nice that it would cut sales from the fuzion, plus they would have to raisse the price.
Ford isn't worried so much about cutting away the buyers for the Fusion. The Fusion will offer options the Focus doesn't and I am sure won't have. As of late next month the Fusion/Milan/MKZ will have an AWD option, on top of the 6 speed automatic transmission and the 221hp 3.0L V6. Not only that, but the fact the Fusion is larger than the focus by a bit makes it more appealing to familes and the middle aged crowd.

As for the cost of a new european spec Focus? Being realistic with it, I would say no higher than $25,000. And IF they even reached $25,000 than I would expect to see a mean as hell Focus.

But as of RIGHT now the Focus is marketed as the little economy yet sporty car, targeting the young teens to mid 20's. The Fusion is going after a little bit older crowd, the later 20 to mid 30's trendy type...
Old 09-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SharpFocus
SVT Fiesta or SVT Festiva ?
fiesta. the festiva went out of production how many years ago?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewST
Ford isn't worried so much about cutting away the buyers for the Fusion. The Fusion will offer options the Focus doesn't and I am sure won't have. As of late next month the Fusion/Milan/MKZ will have an AWD option, on top of the 6 speed automatic transmission and the 221hp 3.0L V6. Not only that, but the fact the Fusion is larger than the focus by a bit makes it more appealing to familes and the middle aged crowd.

As for the cost of a new european spec Focus? Being realistic with it, I would say no higher than $25,000. And IF they even reached $25,000 than I would expect to see a mean as hell Focus.

But as of RIGHT now the Focus is marketed as the little economy yet sporty car, targeting the young teens to mid 20's. The Fusion is going after a little bit older crowd, the later 20 to mid 30's trendy type...
yes, as of right now, but that is the US SPEC focus. what was being referenced was ford's previous statements about the euro focus being larger, more expeensive, higher class, more upscale, and THAT would be comp for the fusion. i hope that ur info turns out to be correct, but i wont believe it till i see it.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
Honorsystem
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28383
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT EAP

FF Reputation: 1 Honorsystem Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Where'd you hear all this from? I know that Bill Ford is gone, but Euro platform by '08? I apologize for being skeptical, but that seems like a rather unrealistic timeframe for a company under transformation. I just think that the '08 timeframe is too short (even though Toyota and other import companies churn out complete redesigns about every 5 years *cough**Camry, 3-series, Civic**cough*), but american companies tend to lag in the red-tape, I see the 2010 timeframe far more reasonable, especially considering that Ford just changed hands.

But, I could be completely wrong (and would be very happy if I were), so we'll just have to wait and see.

-Honorsystem
Zetec Crew #105

I lay awake in my bed the other night, staring at the stars and wondered, "Where the heck did my roof go?!"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.