Should I get repainted?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
I am Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110673
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion SE

FF Reputation: 1 I am Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Should I get repainted??

Ok guys, just wanted your input on this. A couple days after buying my new car I noticed spots in my paint. I don't have pictures uploaded, but it looks like small dark spots above my door handle. About the size of small water spots. In the shade they are noticeable but in sunlight not so much. It's sterling gray paint. I talked to the dealership and they said they can submit the pictures and it will most likely get approved to be reprinted. We're assuming it's just trash in the paint (but I don't know)

My question to you guys is, is it worth it to get the repaint? I'm just worried that it won't match or that there will be issues that are more noticeable than the spots. Is sterling gray a pain to match? What do you think? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If they're replacing it for you, make sure they do it right, or don't take it back. I heard of blue candy and yellow blaze (both premium, candy, hard to match colors) being pretty spot on from non Ford painters. So I'd hope Ford could figure it out.

If it's something that small though, I'd decide if I can live with it. My car's got a few flaws here and there (not factory caused, my own fault) but life goes on. If I had the money to repaint it, I'd consider it. But I figure I'll just leave it until next car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks