Michigan people - Page 9044 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #90431
beat3rfocus
I hate you!!!!!

Fan#: 3178
What I Drive: Red 1990 Miata Hardtop

FF Reputation: 11 beat3rfocus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrain88 View Post
cmon really...
Yep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #90432
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTFreak View Post
I was going to put gas in my car but I watched this movie one time where someone hangs a kleenex outside the gas tank and lights it in fire, blowing up the car. So I don't use gas.

- TheBrain88
Sounds about right. Good call.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #90433
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfuryt550 View Post
You're incorrect lol.

Going a steady 80-90 is NOT the same as doign 3 min at the autoX.
You beat the shit out of the car at autoX, hit the rev limiter, are always going in high revs, mashing the gas, slamming breaks, over, over, and over.
Brakes are wear items, invalid. If your bouncing off the limiter your a moron. That's what 2nd gear is there for noob.

If rather rev my car up than drive at 3-4 k for the cars whole life.

Mashing gas? You worried bout your MPG?

As for 80-90 , yes it is worse. The shock from hitting things so fast, which means harder than at 20-30 is more. Suspension gradually compresses at slower speed, compared to almost instantly when your going 80-90

Also, your comments are irrelevant, you didn't auto x all summer cause your alignment was a tad off, from shitty massive parts that bent. You nancy
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #90434
TheBrain88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62354
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru STI Blue

FF Reputation: 1 TheBrain88 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
Brakes are wear items, invalid. If your bouncing off the limiter your a moron. That's what 2nd gear is there for noob.

If rather rev my car up than drive at 3-4 k for the cars whole life.

Mashing gas? You worried bout your MPG?

As for 80-90 , yes it is worse. The shock from hitting things so fast, which means harder than at 20-30 is more. Suspension gradually compresses at slower speed, compared to almost instantly when your going 80-90

Also, your comments are irrelevant, you didn't auto x all summer cause your alignment was a tad off, from shitty massive parts that bent. You nancy
woooow really...have you been on the s curve in GR on 131...going 80-90 and going on the s-curve is not "sudden" its gradual. Putting sudden pressure on something no matter how fast you are going puts more strain on it. ever jump off something and land on a hard surface? yeah it hurts more than jumping off and landing softly into some snow or a softer surface...physics man...physics...its the same concept
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #90435
TheBrain88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62354
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru STI Blue

FF Reputation: 1 TheBrain88 Good Standing Member
Quote:
You're incorrect lol.

Going a steady 80-90 is NOT the same as doing 3 min at the autoX.
You beat the shit out of the car at autoX, hit the rev limiter, are always going in high revs, mashing the gas, slamming breaks, over, over, and over.
agree with him...he actually has an idea of what i'm getting at...i'm gonna laugh when someones shit brakes this next summer because of auto-x
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #90436
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
agreed, but it's made to be used on non-tarmac surfaces, snapping things starts happening on tarmac
I can promise you that hitting some of those pavement breaks on US131 at 90mph when all the weight is transferred to 1 side of the car is going to do way more damage to your car than you jerking the steering wheel at 30 mph will.

in your situation you have already compressed 1 side of the car and are now throwing a sudden low frequency high amplitude impact into suspension that is partially collapsed.

in auto-x you have multiple repeated high frequency low amplitude impacts. by the time the suspension even starts to compress you are already going the next direction.

suspension parts are designed to cycle. not to absorb hard shock, thats why highway breaks can tear bushings, bend wheels, bend shitty aftermarket control arms etc. that will never ever happen in an auto-x setting.

Quote:
You're incorrect lol.

Going a steady 80-90 is NOT the same as doing 3 min at the autoX.
going 80-90 during 10 minutes on the highway is far more strain than going 0-20-0-40 on an auto-x track. you dont hit the rev limiter unless your an idiot or at nationals. if you are mashing/slamming either pedal your doing it wrong. theres a reason you are supposed to break in clutches/brakes/engines in low speed multiple start/stop situations and not just on the highway.

one is easier on the car than the other and everybody but gardener should be able to figure out which it is.
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #90437
sjdwales
Wales!!

Fan#: 46854
What I Drive: 11 mustang

FF Reputation: 13 sjdwales Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
only reason why i stopped auto x-ing st because of the oil bsd delete/and balance hasnt been done. but i plane on auto x svt next month if i still have it? otherwise il take st. been 2 yrs since i last raced :(. my bro will be back then too, il see if he will take his car to the track, or he will just co drive with me.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #90438
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Quote:
woooow really...have you been on the s curve in GR on 131...going 80-90 and going on the s-curve is not "sudden" its gradual. Putting sudden pressure on something no matter how fast you are going puts more strain on it. ever jump off something and land on a hard surface? yeah it hurts more than jumping off and landing softly into some snow or a softer surface...physics man...physics...its the same concept
You clearly have no concept of physics at all.

take a rubber band. stretch it about 8-10" apart. now have your boss use something with a hard/semi sharp edge like a board or something and punch the rubber band as hard as he can. we'll assume by some magic he even manages to punch it at 60mph..........what happens?

it broke. that is what is happening to your bushings/suspension on the highway at 90 on the S curve.

now take another rubber band the same size. and repeatedly stretch it 8-10" over and over and over as quickly as you can.

what happens? nothing, it just keeps flexing.
that is your suspension at the auto-x track.

Quote:
agree with him...he actually has an idea of what i'm getting at...i'm gonna laugh when someones shit brakes this next summer because of auto-x
Aku and I were at more than 20 events this year do you know how many of the 50-100 cars at each event broke? 0.
so thats 2000 different cars, 0 breaks. how many cars just in this thread by these few people have been broken on the highway?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #90439
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Also note, you are making me have to agree with Jwill which I try to avoid doing at all costs.

thats how wrong you are lol
Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #90440
wordyahurdd
coooookie monster

Fan#: 41401
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 7 wordyahurdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
I will say that the "S" curve on 131 is pretty fun to drive fast....I'll give you that Brian :)
2004 SVT : #55 STF
2003 Buell XB9S

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon , ff men cursed , hide yo kids , hide yo wife , in before the lock , kyle is troll king , mi euro-trash thread , toots was here
-->