Michigan people - Page 8821 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #88201
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
I agree that Apple suing everyone for everything is pretty stupid and comes off as a underhand company grasping at straws tactic.

It'd be like if Apple sued the world for using an icon of a Green phone as the universal sign for answer and the icon of a red phone as the sign to ignore/end call.

some features/things are just universal in nature and there is no denying that. No matter how hard Apple wants to believe otherwise.

you wouldn't expect a pen to work more than 2-3 ways. click, pull off cap or screw the top half down.

why should you have to expect a phone to be answered/behave 359084q5784569843 diffferent ways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #88202
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
I agree that Apple suing everyone for everything is pretty stupid and comes off as a underhand company grasping at straws tactic.

It'd be like if Apple sued the world for using an icon of a Green phone as the universal sign for answer and the icon of a red phone as the sign to ignore/end call.

some features/things are just universal in nature and there is no denying that. No matter how hard Apple wants to believe otherwise.

you wouldn't expect a pen to work more than 2-3 ways. click, pull off cap or screw the top half down.

why should you have to expect a phone to be answered/behave 359084q5784569843 diffferent ways?
If we go back to late 2007 when android became a real OS from what it was, you'll see why - the coding. The core coding of Android is from Apple, which is why Jobs hated Google. When the Apple exec left Apple and went to Google, miraculously after that Android changed and looked a lot like Apple within 6 months. It looks more like a circa 2004-2005 RIM device before iOS. The timing and everything points to that. It's the intellectual property they're suing for, back and forth, all of these companies.

While I still think it's stupid, I see why they all do it and why they all are scavengers when it comes to buying patents. All are at fault, Apple just has wayyy more patents than most companies. Also, much more $$ to go ahead and do what they want and drag a case out for years if they feel like it.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #88203
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Arguing that software based on linux is similar to iOS is funny. That's like Ford suing GM because the steering wheel is in the same spot, and the pedals are the same.

Sent from my DROIDX Using FF Mobile

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #88204
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
No... lol. That's not my point. The point was the initial android OS had thousands of code that were copied directly from Apple. I don't have proof of this, but that is what I've read many, many times. I'd like some proof, personally, if someone should have legitimate documentation that that is what happened. Hmm. Maybe I will do some digging if I get bored.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #88205
Black&Tan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9971
What I Drive: '06 Liquid Grey SES hatch

FF Reputation: 8 Black&Tan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfuryt550 View Post
I disagree about being a leader in the industry. Everyone wants a piece of the pie that apple owns. Everyone wants to be more like apple. It's the honest truth.

You say it is distasteful that apple is using the patents system. Disagree again. Why do you think all of these companies are frantically battling to buy every single patent from Kodak and other companies? Because they know if anyone uses them and they own them, they can now sue and make money.
Actually from what I've read it's to protect themselves from Apple.

A Google VP was quoted as saying they didn't think to patent things like "rounded corners" because they thought it was silly. After android started getting sued they began buying up a patent portfolio.

Quote:
Essentially, if Apple does win the money and other crap against Samsung, what will happen, aside from the lump sum of $ owed, Samsung, possibly Android as a whole, would have to pay a portion of their phones' price/profits to Apple for the patents the violated. If they cease, and make their own versions of said patent cases, they'd get just the lump sum.
etc.
Samsung tried to license the tech from apple first, but apple wasn't having it.

The case is being appealed and theres good legal grounds for an appeal. There were a number of problems with how the judge handled the case and how apple calculated damages. Most experts believe that at least part of the verdict will l be overturned and damages will be reduced.

Samsung has already stated they will be suing apple over 4g patents. So that should be fun.

The whole patent system is effed up. Like you said, android copied some from apple..... but they copied stuff from android. Edison didn't invent the light bulb . Ford didn't invent the automobile. They innovated on other's ideas. But the current system isn't set up to handle tech patents, and many judges and juries aren't technologically savvy.

The end result is everyone is spending ridiculous amounts of money and tying up the courts in stupid lawsuits. Apple is definitely leading the charge in that. While Microsoft quietly threatens lawsuits then licenses its patents so that they end making a boatload of money from android phones. Way more than a they've made from their own phones.

Apple just has never wowed me though. As a technophile I've always stayed away from their products as overpriced and too restrictive. Jobs also irritated me.
HN #171
Old 09-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #88206
Black&Tan
Focus Fanatic

Also, as far as being a leader in the industry, Samsung has passed them up on that.
HN #171
Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #88207
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
got my street setup today , its gettin setup tonight

[IMG][/IMG]

cant wait to hear it tommorow
Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #88208
sjdwales
Wales!!

Fan#: 46854
What I Drive: 11 mustang

FF Reputation: 13 sjdwales Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
im too lazy to check but anything talked today that wasnt related to stupid phones?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #88209
Black&Tan
Focus Fanatic

Nah. Pretty much just phone stuff.
HN #171
Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #88210
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Friday Bishes

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here