Michigan people - Page 8817 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #88161
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkfocuszx3 View Post
He said $3,000 for the car and everything he owns related to it. 167k miles, 32mpg last tank no highway driving.
Whoops I missed this.

if its that price with the aPexi I'll come buy it tomorrow/saturday whenever he's free.

99% serious about this.
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #88162
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Also I have 4 friends that worked at verizon, one that still does. None of them ever bought an apple.

Also good luck with getting the apexi, drew won't give it up
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #88163
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
Also I have 4 friends that worked at verizon, one that still does. None of them ever bought an apple.

He has one already.. wtf does he need 2 of them for?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #88164
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
He has one already.. wtf does he need 2 of them for?
Dunno, stopped trying to figure it out. I wanted one of them and was gonna give him the Thermal R&D. Then he would have the two rarest exhausts. But he's dead set on holding onto them :/
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #88165
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Quote:
IPod your missing the point. It's not the looks of a phone that make it good

Its the INNARDS. what's inside the phone. The processor, memory, all that jazz.

If your going by what a phone looks like, how thin. Then you should go back to a pay phone or land line.

The evo 4g is a great phone. My buddy upgraded from the original evo (what you have) to the new one and its 100% different and better in so many ways.

The S3 has different hardware and software. Might be same operating system, but different makers (Sony,HTC,Motorola,ect... ) all have their own little touches built into the software.

Point being there are phones that are better if you look into the details of what internals they have rather than looks
an A6 chipset in an iPhone has the exact same performance potential as a A6 chipset in an android.

we are to the point with cellphones where the guts of pretty much every phone on the market are more than sufficient for 95% of all users (myself included)

you can't tell any difference using a A6 vs a A5 chipset and if you say you can you're lying. (ask me how I know. we've been using both at work for months now.)

unless your playing super graphics intensive games you dont need ultra crazy phone innards that will just need extra battery power the rest of the time.

I know that every single android I'd be interested in, as well as the iPhone 5. all have good enough internals to serve my purposes perfectly fine.

the OS is the key selling point to me. Kyle brings up useful information. typing my password every time is stupid and will annoy me. heck I can't hardly be bothered to go to the android market and click update all. so that could be a breaking point for me.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #88166
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Fan#: 51657
What I Drive: 1984 Rabbit L

FF Reputation: 5 blkfocuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
They're actually slightly different. One has a different tip than the other. He wants both because he can. Lol.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #88167
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Weaksauce

I just need to buy something.

Prefer my dd to at least sound good cuz stock cars are way way too quite for my liking. Racing klods BMW at grattan was weird when we were next to loud cars cuz I couldn't heard the damn thing running..
Old 09-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #88168
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Fan#: 51657
What I Drive: 1984 Rabbit L

FF Reputation: 5 blkfocuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Klod I sent you a pm.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #88169
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Quote:

you had no bargining power though and the thermal doesnt sound nearly as good as the aPexi.

I doubt Drew would let me take the aPexi either but at least I could say I owned it before Jake so I have like....... .00001% better chance of getting it than you do lol
Old 09-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #88170
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Quote:
IPod your missing the point. It's not the looks of a phone that make it good

Its the INNARDS. what's inside the phone. The processor, memory, all that jazz.

If your going by what a phone looks like, how thin. Then you should go back to a pay phone or land line.

The evo 4g is a great phone. My buddy upgraded from the original evo (what you have) to the new one and its 100% different and better in so many ways.

The S3 has different hardware and software. Might be same operating system, but different makers (Sony,HTC,Motorola,ect... ) all have their own little touches built into the software.

Point being there are phones that are better if you look into the details of what internals they have rather than looks
It doesn't matter what your friends have bought or where they work. Verizon specifically makes their sales teams sell -against- the iPhone. There was a recent news article on this...apparently there is some bad blood between apple and verizon?

Anyways, the -feel- is where the quality is, where apple excells more than any other company i can think of - refinement, attention to detail, etc. For this I am talking just for looks.

As far as "internals" go, the new i5 will have the fastest processor available in the world, arguably, until we see some benchmark results. The i4s had the fastest last year for a few months until the new phones came out. It's just how the upgrade cycles are for Apple and other mfg's. Apple comes out with the fastest devices available, and for 4-6 months, give or take, nothing else faster comes out, until there are faster processors.

I really detest the arguments you use with "internals, megapixels, memory, etc." The are not valid. Anyone that is really into how tech works knows these are not valid arguments.

Proof
- A 12MP camera is not necessarily any better than one with 8MP. It depends on the sensors and a lot of other things. My 12MP T3 EOS Rebel DSLR is better rated in many ways than the 2x as expensive 18mp EOS 50D. Yes, it has more mp...the picture quality is not better. Other things may make that model better, but MP is NOT a valid reason, ever, unless everything else the device has trumps and physically outperforms competitors.
- A phone with 1gb ram isn't faster than 1 with 512mb ram. It matters how the architectrure of the OS uses available memory, how processes occur, how multitasking works on the specific OS, and how battery and power is conserved with things just idling there when not being used.
- Same things for processor speeds, etc. Remember in the late 90s and early 2000's when EVERYONE was crazy about hitting 1GHz and more more more GHz? You see how new processors are running at HALF of the speeds of the old processors what were running at 3-4GHz? Come on now.

That is all.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here