Michigan people - Page 8808 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #88071
focus311
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50334
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 4 focus311 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Hey guys. What's up.

Mark is in India for a business trip and he saw a billboard that said "get ready to be India's first tuners". Picture of lowered hatchback.

ha, thought I'd share

-Jen
2004 Sonic Blue SVTF #0602 of 1978 Powerworks 2004-2011 (RIP)

2002 Sonic Blue SVTF #0186 of 4788 (purchased from Bumpnzx3 (Josh) in 2011 with ~8,000 original miles)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #88072
wordyahurdd
coooookie monster

Fan#: 41401
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 7 wordyahurdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat3rfocus View Post
Too much fappppping. Switch hands.
i dont fap with left hand! and i have julie for that hahhaa

also iphone conference link http://live.gdgt.com/live-iphone-5-launch-coverage/
Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #88073
beat3rfocus
I hate you!!!!!

Fan#: 3178
What I Drive: Red 1990 Miata Hardtop

FF Reputation: 11 beat3rfocus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Hi Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #88074
Black&Tan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9971
What I Drive: '06 Liquid Grey SES hatch

FF Reputation: 8 Black&Tan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat3rfocus View Post
Too much fappppping. Switch hands.
Not the bone I was talking about bruising, but w/e
HN #171
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #88075
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
I've always wondered if one would do anything for me. From 7th grade till mid college I would skateboard on the regular which involved a lot of tall drops landing on my feet (well the board) jumping stair cases and drop offs and crap. Also snowboarding too. Occasionally my lower back feels like its just compressed or something. Been condiering giving one a try.. . or just buying that thingy you strap your feet to and then flip upside down to decompress yourself. lol
Move to GR and you can use mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordyahurdd View Post
i dont fap with left hand! and i have julie for that hahhaa

also iphone conference link http://live.gdgt.com/live-iphone-5-launch-coverage/
I'm sold.

Go back to my posts around when the iPhone 4s came out, I hated on everybody that bought one hard but I think its time I at least give the iPhone a try.

of course this is also the first iPhone since the 3 that I can actually tell is a different phone vs the other models.
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #88076
wordyahurdd
coooookie monster

Fan#: 41401
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 7 wordyahurdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
Move to GR and you can use mine

I'm sold.

Go back to my posts around when the iPhone 4s came out, I hated on everybody that bought one hard but I think its time I at least give the iPhone a try.

of course this is also the first iPhone since the 3 that I can actually tell is a different phone vs the other models.
my thinking exactly, i have had android for 2-3 years and i have a macbook which i love so it only make sense!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #88077
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I won't switch just because of apps, music etc. Have to re buy all your apps, and have fun with music, etc... I like being able to just load anything on my droid.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #88078
DarwinSays
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35941
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Silver / EAP / CWP

FF Reputation: 2 DarwinSays Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You attempt to make some decent points, but your bias is fail.
Similarly, what I should have said initially was 'most of the Chiropractors *I'VE* gone to' have a doctorate. Contrary to what you might believe, there are actually a lot of practitioners out there that do take chiropracty seriously, and that is very anti-quack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Tan View Post
From wikipedia:

"In 2005, only one chiropractic college required a bachelors degree as an admission requirement.[15]The minimum prerequisite for enrollment in a chiropractic college set forth by the CCE is 90 semester hours, and the minimum cumulative GPA for a student entering is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale"
If you're going to quote wikipedia, please do so responsibly and include a link so people can read up on all the the bits you left out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic_education

The only reason I can think of that a college would require it is likely because they are a smaller university that doesn't offer those prerequisite classes, and/or offer it as an accelerated course.

Quote:

Most chiropractors don't have an md. I doubt there are hardly any who do.
These two statements contradict each other - 'Doubt there are hardly any' implies that you think there are plenty.
which is it?

Quote:
It takes 10 years just to get an md,
It takes 8. Anything in addition to that is residency/fellowship or the student not attending full time. I would imagine residency wouldn't apply to someone looking to go into chiropracty since they have their own 1000hrs/1yr of supervised clinical training to perform at that point.

Quote:
then you'd be looking at four more years in chiropractor school. 90 semester hours is all that's required to start a chiropractor program. You don't even need a bachelor's degree.
"Requirements" vary across various years and across states, and the only people that stop educating themselves after the bare minimum education requirements are achieved anyway.....are in fact true quacks. Any serious medical practitioner - regardless of chosen field - spends a lot of time and effort on keeping up on the latest practices, developments, etc. long after they've finished their education and training. In fact, most states in the U.S. REQUIRE annually-continued education in order to maintain their practitioners license.

Quote:
The entire chiropractic "discipline" is founded on the belief that "subluxations" cause disease. It's a load of crap that has never held up to real scientific scrutiny.

http://www.chirobase.org/01General/placebo.html
The general concensus is that partial or complete "dislocation" (subluxations) of the spine can cause a lot of pain or even paralysis, but not disease.
Variations in the alignment of vertebrae in the spinal column, however, CAN cause SYMPTOMS of illness or disease, without them actually being present.
Yes this is anecdotal since these effects are very hard to study and reproduce, and the proper funding has not gone into this research yet.

Quote:
Most "benefit" people experience is based on placebo.
This is simply not true.
I started as a skeptic like yourself. I thought these people were glorified massage therapists. But as almost anyone who has studied psychology will tell you, strong skepticism does not foster placebo effects.

Quote:
If it's working for you, cool.
It is...and I agree, it is cool. Thank you.

Quote:
But little of the chiropractic theories are based on real scientific evidence. To say that these guys are MDs is way wrong.
Then I guess it's a good thing I never claimed this. I say that many HAVE MD's, not that chiropractors ARE MD's.

Quote:
Also what? We all have Darth Bloodclot lurking in our necks waiting to kill us as soon as we visit a chiropractor, who - as a formally trained medical professional - has most likely been informed about this risk but has for some reason decided not to warn the client before treating them?
Excellent example of how to use fear in attempt to subdue others to your way of thinking! You should become a politician...or terrorist, if you can't afford the suit.

Seriously though, any formally trained and responsible practitioner will not only be well aware of this risk, but inform their patients of it prior to the procedure.
6+ years minimum education, plus 1000hrs(~6mo) of supervised, hands on experience in the field + regularly continued education is no trivial endeavor.
We task people with far more critical tasks than that all the time with far less education (Sometimes, with as little as a high school diploma), and I don't see you being anywhere near as concerned about that.
Not to mention - I don't know if you've picked up on this, but malpractice suits are really bad mojo.

Similarly, If you genuinely want to be concerned with the risks of that kind of induced stroke, target the average masseuse, as they go through far less training, are not required to undergo multiple board examinations (as far as I know), or regular continued education, and are just as if not more likely to accidentally trigger this kind of stroke, but overall the truth of the matter is, that clots can happen anywhere, and can travel anywhere, for nearly any reason...to get hung up on one instance where the chance is ridiculously remote (as long as the practitioner makes you aware of it) just seem silly.

I don't really understand what your trauma on the issue of chiropractors is and why you would want to make them look like pikeys posing as spinal micro-surgeons, rather than simply state that it's not something that's not for you; but as someone who doesn't strike me as having as much education as a fully licensed chiropractor might, I find it bordering on hilarity that you would attempt to trivialize it.
</rant>
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #88079
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
No way in hell I'm reading all that...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #88080
DarwinSays
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35941
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Silver / EAP / CWP

FF Reputation: 2 DarwinSays Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
haha, I don't blame you.

ps - lol, so true!

http://xkcd.com/934/

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here