Michigan people - Page 8655 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #86541
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO
 
klodkrawler05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fan#: 47771
Location: Lowell, MI
What I Drive: BMW's

Posts: 14,153
FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
ZOMG WIN!

Now I want to roll around with my Dog in the back seat


BTW.......clean neons are about $1200-1500

So for giggles I put together Seans entire build:

Neon: $1500
Sell stock wheels/tires/seats/exhaust -$100
15x8 Rotas: $250
15x10 spinwerks: $440
225/45/15 hoosiers: $484
275/35/15 hooosiers: $564
Koni Yellows: $750
Header: $65
Exhaust: $150
Seats: $1000
Rear Sway Bar: $125
Cold Air Intake: $50
Cam Gears: $350


(stock tune but "tuned" using the cam gears)

Grand Total: $5628

to Beat up 600+ whp vettes

not bad considering that the only vette I saw (could've been more though) was running 335/315 hoosiers.

18x11 18x12 CCW's $2700
335/30/18 Hoosiers: $810
315/30/18 Hoosiers: $738

Grand Total: $4248
__________________
-Brad
'03 VW Jetta TDI - The Daily Commuter
'02 Chevy Corvette Z06 - The Toy
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
klodkrawler05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #86542
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard
 
Timmeh!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Fan#: 27514
Location: Pinckney, MI
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

Posts: 8,937
FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
all that and sticker on a vette is quite a bit more than a neon...

ya my coasting is what hurt me for sure. I entered corners way too fast for how slick the track was and while the car rotated ok it would have been even better had i been braking.

which is why brad beat my best time by 1.8 seconds...
__________________
Otto - 82 Benz Turbo Diesel Wagon - cruiser
Momo - 91 Miata - topless fun
[QUOTE=beat3rfocus;4453158]Catia is a dirty tramp, until you figure out its sweet spots, and how to make it moan. Then its easy as apple pie on a fall afternoon.[/QUOTE]
Timmeh! is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #86543
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,089
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
How did results turn out Klod?
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #86544
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO
 
klodkrawler05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fan#: 47771
Location: Lowell, MI
What I Drive: BMW's

Posts: 14,153
FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
all that and sticker on a vette is quite a bit more than a neon...

ya my coasting is what hurt me for sure. I entered corners way too fast for how slick the track was and while the car rotated ok it would have been even better had i been braking.

which is why brad beat my best time by 1.8 seconds...
zactly.

its hard to define that balance between when a corner is better of coasted. (mostly corners that lead right into another corner) so that the car has time to "take a set" before changing direction. and corners where you're better off pushing to the last instant then throwing the car into the corner.

this track definitely seemed more suited to brake stabs before/during and maximum velocity to the last second.

also we really need a data logger so all of us can compare driving styles/techniques.

it'd be awesome to have 2 identically prepped cars with 2 drivers each and a data logger to compare inputs of all 4 people.

I think our driving would improve rapidly in a situation like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
How did results turn out Klod?
Still waiting for them to get posted.
__________________
-Brad
'03 VW Jetta TDI - The Daily Commuter
'02 Chevy Corvette Z06 - The Toy
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
klodkrawler05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #86545
Aku
Sneeze
 
Aku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Fan#: 57726
Location: Novi, MI, United States
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

Posts: 10,161
FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
zactly.

its hard to define that balance between when a corner is better of coasted. (mostly corners that lead right into another corner) so that the car has time to "take a set" before changing direction. and corners where you're better off pushing to the last instant then throwing the car into the corner.

this track definitely seemed more suited to brake stabs before/during and maximum velocity to the last second.

also we really need a data logger so all of us can compare driving styles/techniques.

it'd be awesome to have 2 identically prepped cars with 2 drivers each and a data logger to compare inputs of all 4 people.

I think our driving would improve rapidly in a situation like that.
Just downloaded a new app for next race that timmeh showed me. There is a droid equivilant but I forget the name.. Will record GPS locations as well as all the G forces and yaw and stuff of that nature. And then we can use that and a video from the go-pro and sync up overlays of the data to the video.


Will try it out with the BMW at Grattan
__________________
'04 VW R32 - Do Everything Car (O:o)=R32=W====(o:O)
'94 Honda CBR600 F2 - Nice Weather Summer Daily
Aku is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #86546
Aku
Sneeze
 
Aku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Fan#: 57726
Location: Novi, MI, United States
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

Posts: 10,161
FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Also thoughts

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1880275
__________________
'04 VW R32 - Do Everything Car (O:o)=R32=W====(o:O)
'94 Honda CBR600 F2 - Nice Weather Summer Daily
Aku is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #86547
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO
 
klodkrawler05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fan#: 47771
Location: Lowell, MI
What I Drive: BMW's

Posts: 14,153
FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Just downloaded a new app for next race that timmeh showed me. There is a droid equivilant but I forget the name.. Will record GPS locations as well as all the G forces and yaw and stuff of that nature. And then we can use that and a video from the go-pro and sync up overlays of the data to the video.


Will try it out with the BMW at Grattan
FUUUU

I had found/downloaded one too I just forgot to try it. Racechrono is the one I haz
__________________
-Brad
'03 VW Jetta TDI - The Daily Commuter
'02 Chevy Corvette Z06 - The Toy
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
klodkrawler05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #86548
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO
 
klodkrawler05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fan#: 47771
Location: Lowell, MI
What I Drive: BMW's

Posts: 14,153
FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Buy that and we'll have 325is and 328is identical builds?


then use g35 for track days/lulzy street build?
__________________
-Brad
'03 VW Jetta TDI - The Daily Commuter
'02 Chevy Corvette Z06 - The Toy
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
klodkrawler05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #86549
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Lake Orion, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,089
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'm a noob with e36s, do 325s and 328s have the same engine?
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #86550
Aku
Sneeze
 
Aku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Fan#: 57726
Location: Novi, MI, United States
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

Posts: 10,161
FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
Buy that and we'll have 325is and 328is identical builds?


then use g35 for track days/lulzy street build?
Lol.. no. Plan is to buy car to drive.. and drive it.. not race it... But I could be convinced to mod it to limits of DS..... since that's like sway bar and shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I'm a noob with e36s, do 325s and 328s have the same engine?
I thought the 328 was slighly larger.. hence the 28 > 25.. but I'm also kinda dumb on that note
__________________
'04 VW R32 - Do Everything Car (O:o)=R32=W====(o:O)
'94 Honda CBR600 F2 - Nice Weather Summer Daily
Aku is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.