Michigan people - Page 8590 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #85891
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
probably. he seem's pretty active on the forums I've run across him a few times
Ya.. I'm fairly positive it is but we'll see when he responds.

Also somebody who is better at reading specs/rules and deciphering the 'legal' jargon in them please to do me a favor.

I was reading the BSP thread on my350 (only made it half way through because now have to go back to being productive). and at least up till 2008 where I left off adjustable camber control arms were illegal in _SP classes.. if this is the case I really have no method of getting extra front or rear camber besides offset bushings which only give you so much. I can do camber plates (if they exist for my car, but not adjustable arms).

Wondering if there was a rule change since 4 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #85892
egman2005
Slow n lifted

Fan#: 44983
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 21 egman2005 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Afternoon ladies and germs
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #85893
wordyahurdd
coooookie monster

Fan#: 41401
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 7 wordyahurdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
haiiiiii
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #85894
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Ya.. I'm fairly positive it is but we'll see when he responds.

Also somebody who is better at reading specs/rules and deciphering the 'legal' jargon in them please to do me a favor.

I was reading the BSP thread on my350 (only made it half way through because now have to go back to being productive). and at least up till 2008 where I left off adjustable camber control arms were illegal in _SP classes.. if this is the case I really have no method of getting extra front or rear camber besides offset bushings which only give you so much. I can do camber plates (if they exist for my car, but not adjustable arms).

Wondering if there was a rule change since 4 years ago.
camber plates only work on McPherson struts... think about it.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #85895
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
camber plates only work on McPherson struts... think about it.
For aku:

I. Camber kits, also known as camber compensators, may be installed. These kits consist of either adjustable length arms or arm mounts that provide a lateral adjustment to the effective length of a control arm. Alignment outside the factory specifi cations is allowed. The following restrictions apply:

1. On double/unequal arm (e.g. wishbone, multi-link) suspensions, only the upper arms OR lower arms may be modified or replaced, but not both. Non-integral longitudinal arms that primarily control fore/aft wheel movement (e.g. trailing arm(s) or link(s) of a multilink suspension) may not be replaced, changed, or modified.

2. On arm-and-strut (MacPherson/Chapman) suspensions, the lower arms may be modifi ed/replaced OR other methods of camber adjustment as allowed by paragraphs 14.8.B, C, or G may be used, but not both.

3. On swing or trailing arm suspensions, the main arms may not be modified or replaced, but lateral locating links/arms may be modified or replaced.

4. The replacement arms or mounts must attach to the original standard mounting points. All bushings must meet the requirements of 14.8.B. Intermediate mounting points (e.g. shock/spring mounts) may not be moved or relocated on the arm , except as incidental to the camber adjustment. The knuckle/bearing housing/spindle assembly cannot be modified or replaced.

Note: Many modern suspension designs known by other names, actually function as double A-arm designs. These include the rear suspensions on 88+ Honda Civic/Integra, Neon, E36 BMW, and most “multi-link” and are covered by 14.8.I.1.'
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #85896
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
ok...

well in the EE world, it's considered standard to run a current limiting resistor with an LED, if your LEDs don't match the stock ones (have a lower voltage or can't handle as much forward current) you're going to have issues with them blowing out early (just like you have so far) the PCBs will already have current limiting resistors for the stock LEDs, so you'd only have to swap those out.

just saying there's a right way to do the work so that you can use any LED you wish, including ones that produce more light by allowing a higher forward current.

soldering SMD resistors isn't very hard.
I know they aren't, I've probably done hundreds for the 30+ interior led conversions i've sold here and on FJ. but the reds don't work for me...maybe I need different rated leds which I haven't found yet. There is one guy in the UK that does these LED conversions too and he can do red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
I want an rs collections, not spending that much money tho
Those are hawt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
im fat, need cardio. not muscle building lol. duh
You need weights like stated.

THEN, you do cardio. 21 min. Do intervals of elliptical, stairmaster, and treadmill. You need no more than that. Do them in 1 min slow, 1 min fast paced, for 7 min each. Do the fast paces are FAST or HARD levels, then take a cool-down minute. It'll kick your ass and you'll burn 3x more than what the machine tells you because you've done weights BEFORE any type of cardio.

You can switch it up...hit up a bike the next day, go on the rowing machine the next, etc. Go for a swim one day instead for 20 min.

You HAVE to do some kind of cardio to lose the weight. Interval training is where it's at, not where those retards doing 90 min on a 4mph pace on the treadmill are doing.

If you get used to something, step it up. The only way your body inproves is by shocking it with something it's not used to. Be it weights, intensity, etc.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #85897
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
So apparently yes there was a rule change somewhere between 08 and 12 and I can replace either the upper or the lower control arm with something adjustable but not both of them. got it
Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #85898
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Remember these control knobs?

They DO fit the focus just fine. The plug that connects onto the knob just doesn't connect in the same stock location. The way they made it, it'll fit it it's moved around. Tried it last night and the knobs work fine! Don't have to with anything!

They also fit the Mazda3 just fine as well!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #85899
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfuryt550 View Post
Remember these control knobs?

They DO fit the focus just fine. The plug that connects onto the knob just doesn't connect in the same stock location. The way they made it, it'll fit it it's moved around. Tried it last night and the knobs work fine! Don't have to with anything!

They also fit the Mazda3 just fine as well!
gimme. my focus runs, so you dont need them.

and the mazda is a POS
Old 08-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #85900
Nickgt40
Wheel King, Bow Down

Fan#: 40924
What I Drive: 01 Black ZX3, 09 FSWerks SEMA Coupe

FF Reputation: 19 Nickgt40 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yeah, where'd you find those?
Hatch Nation #2

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here