Michigan people - Page 8506 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #85051
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
This add cracks me up

also because twin infinitis? lol

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215718

edit:

Boom

4x4 5-spd 5000lb towing trollolol

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216249
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #85052
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
I agree.

I dont think parents can be entirely blamed though.........they have 3 kids. when the owners sold the company and went public all the kids got a set amount (10-25 mil is what we estimate) 1 kid has seemingly done nothing with the money, another started his own business doing custom helicopter/yacht painting which is surprisingly profitable and then this kid just blows his like theres no tomorrow.

they gave all 3 of their adult kids the same gift..........some are using it better than others what can you say about that?

also german auto just called. I have no compression on cylinders 1-3 they did a leak down test and its all coming from the exhaust valves so they need to pull the head to see exactly how many are bad.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #85053
Aku
Sneeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
also german auto just called. I have no compression on cylinders 1-3 they did a leak down test and its all coming from the exhaust valves so they need to pull the head to see exactly how many are bad.
So that's 'good' yes? Meaning the major issue is just bent valves?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #85054
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
So that's 'good' yes? Meaning the major issue is just bent valves?
good would've been "hey you're muffler bearing failed and its a bitch to get to so it's going to cost $900 to replace"

labor for pulling/re-installing the head is $2000 required gasket set/head studs etc is $600

so I'm at $2600 before I even fix the head

used head is $400

thankfully its only cylinders 1-3 that are leaking so that means I have 3-6 valves at most that are bad so it might still just be best to re-pair the current head (if it can be done for under $500) since it'd cost me $100 to get a new head surfaced/hot tanked etc.

basically it's what I was expecting although the damage wasn't quite as severe as I expected.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #85055
Aku
Sneeze

Ah.. so you were hoping for not having to pull the head at all because once you reach the point of having to remove the head it might end up being cheaper to just replace the head all together.

got it.. so not really that good at all
Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #85056
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Klod has a point. If the dude gave his kids the same gift and one is being a dick, its going to be on that kid to deal with it when he runs out.

Id do something very different with that money obviously....
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #85057
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Quote:
Ah.. so you were hoping for not having to pull the head at all because once you reach the point of having to remove the head it might end up being cheaper to just replace the head all together.

got it.. so not really that good at all
'zactly.

I had planned on it being this as worst case so I've got the cash and can have it fixed......i just wanted it to not be this so i could use the money elsewhere
Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #85058
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
My point is you shouldn't give your kids a lump sum of $25M, especially if you think they aren't responsible. You just put the money in trust, and let them take out X a year.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #85059
Aku
Sneeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
Klod has a point. If the dude gave his kids the same gift and one is being a dick, its going to be on that kid to deal with it when he runs out.

Id do something very different with that money obviously....
True dat. If I got 15 mil. I'd buy a nice house, a track car, a nice summer car and a good daily/winter car (possible a truck as well) and the rest would be saved and invested to I can ideally live off my money's interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
'zactly.

I had planned on it being this as worst case so I've got the cash and can have it fixed......i just wanted it to not be this so i could use the money elsewhere
Smart plan sir. I wish you could use money else where too.. as in fix the bike so we can go ride together
Old 07-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #85060
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
My point is you shouldn't give your kids a lump sum of $25M, especially if you think they aren't responsible. You just put the money in trust, and let them take out X a year.
Who says it's not?

I should also mention this kid does actually do some responsible things. relatively speaking.........he was the owner of the Taphouse which was pretty much the biggest bar/club in grand rapids a few years before I was old enough to go there.

He also owns/runs a couple clubs/bars in ft. lauderdale.

I'd honestly doubt he even uses the money he got from his parents...$25mil grows some pretty wicked interest in a hurry.....especially if you've got a good advisor.

Quote:
True dat. If I got 15 mil. I'd buy a nice house, a track car, a nice summer car and a good daily/winter car (possible a truck as well) and the rest would be saved and invested to I can ideally live off my money's interest.

Smart plan sir. I wish you could use money else where too.. as in fix the bike so we can go ride together
I'm going to fix the bike myself now. this nancy pancy have other people do work for me.
I'll get engine 1 torn apart tomorrow and then engine 2 torn apart next week.

we WILL ride sometime this year. but if I come riding over there you better man up and come riding over here too.

also if I was magically given $15 mil I'd spend 3mil buying the biggest amount of land I could find in the country near GR. I'd spend another 2 mil buying and creating a 1/2 half scale stage rally/trophy truck/moto-x course and a dozen off road long travel go-karts in various 1-2 seat configurations. as well as transponders/timing equipment etc. i'd spend half a mil on a good lawyer to write me an air tight "i'm not responsible if you hurt yourself trying to clear the entire whoop section on your fist lap" cause. then I'd spend 50k in spare parts/tools/hoist/garage to maintain said karts. I'd spend half a Mil on the house making it as off the grid /efficient as possible I'd spend half a mil on my car collection: a murdered out zr1 for when I'm running late and have 0 s to give, a z28 camaro the same year as my dads old one but fully restored with a modern z06 suspension/motor, a lotus built to the max for auto-x/track days/ a big lifted jeep to go camping and a big turbo 996tt for a daily

that'd leave me $8mil
which invested in some sort of something that would get 6% interest a year means I could live out the rest of my life getting paid $480,000 a year in interest earnings alone.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here