Michigan people - Page 8446 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #84451
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32T, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
it.

Selling Bike, Selling G. Buying brand new STI Done

lulz jk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #84452
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
well i think the problem is you focus on a FEATURE and not a PACKAGE.

the A4 is cool, as is the E30... if all you're looking for is AWD.

when you look at them as cars... one is like a jetta with more maintenance costs and the other is a classic but not easy to work on (and that whole fuel mileage thing)

I really think you need to think about what you need out of a car in total. I know you like AWD, but why? to hoon in the snow? do you think you can't handle anything but AWD in the winter? me and the benz did fine on shitty all seasons last year. with some snows on him this year it should be even easier.

I get that you want the fancy and the shiny and the classic but in the end you need to live with it day in and out. if you can grab the SVT focus i say go for it. good price, solid car, you at least know one of the owners... it's going to be a lot easier on you. plus you can put your sub in it ez-mode.

with snow tires anything is good in the snow.

the point wasn't to get you all riled up or pull the i told you so, the point was to make a statement about how you're running around in circles about all of this.

my opinion? get an old diesel benz or a cheap as hell 90's economy car as a daily. but you have the money to get something nicer so you should. maybe not Audi/big BMW nice, but definitely well sorted SVT focus nice.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #84453
Aku
Sneeze

No your right I know.

I get excited easiley. Somebody hand me a valum
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #84454
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
it.

lulz jk
Do it, you won't.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #84455
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Also Aku.

Make priorites. If the G35 is going to be the track car then don’t worry about if the DD is trackable, if its hella fast or whatever. (look at my Subaru even before it got smashed) you’re 25ish you don’t need to have a garage full of badassery. Hell most people our age are just happy to have 1 car.

I have the same issue where I want a baller DD and a sweet bike and a race car etc. but I’m not to that point yet. I have to have 1 sweet car at a time (ideally if I stay within budgets for each 1 I can eventually have sweet everything but I have to get them 1 at a time not all at once)

Buy something that’s on the high end price wise of something, that way its in better shape. Example: buy a $3000 mk3 or e36 etc. vs finding a $3000 mk4 or e46 the older ones demanding the same price as a newer one should be in much better shape.

If you have to dump a grand into maintenance right off the bat you could’ve just bought a different car and used that $1000 for coils/tires/brakes etc for the race car.
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #84456
Aku
Sneeze

All valid points. I need to just and drive.

Back to the SVT plan as apparently its the only one everybody agrees on thats smartest

edit: Also I can already see Kevin reading all of this and just shaking his head at me like I'm a g retard
Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #84457
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

definitely easily excited. if you want to get a daily get the money and then start looking, once you have your budget set (at it's proper level) it'll be easier to shop for something that does what you want and isn't going to hand you problem after problem.

the benz was cheap but look at it now.. I've done shocks and brakes, judging by the creak/clunk in the front a suspension rebuild is next (at the very least bushings)... he'll need work. but I know that car will last forever. with the miata I went the "it already works right so I'm not playing with it all the time" route (yes my dad's money yadda yadda, but you saw that listing for a car with a spare motor and spare wheels in columbus that was cheap because it needed work and had no interior) and i've been very happy to have it be good to go right from the start. and even it isn't perfect (the missing dust shields and insulation around the shifter, the steering wheel coating being gone, mismatched tires) so it's worth it IMO to pay more upfront for less problems later. I'd bail you out if something happened in the winter, but i don't want to have to bail you out.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #84458
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
well i think the problem is you focus on a FEATURE and not a PACKAGE.

the A4 is cool, as is the E30... if all you're looking for is AWD.

when you look at them as cars... one is like a jetta with more maintenance costs and the other is a classic but not easy to work on (and that whole fuel mileage thing)

I really think you need to think about what you need out of a car in total. I know you like AWD, but why? to hoon in the snow? do you think you can't handle anything but AWD in the winter? me and the benz did fine on shitty all seasons last year. with some snows on him this year it should be even easier.

I get that you want the fancy and the shiny and the classic but in the end you need to live with it day in and out. if you can grab the SVT focus i say go for it. good price, solid car, you at least know one of the owners... it's going to be a lot easier on you. plus you can put your sub in it ez-mode.

with snow tires anything is good in the snow.

the point wasn't to get you all riled up or pull the i told you so, the point was to make a statement about how you're running around in circles about all of this.

my opinion? get an old diesel benz or a cheap as hell 90's economy car as a daily. but you have the money to get something nicer so you should. maybe not Audi/big BMW nice, but definitely well sorted SVT focus nice.
Timmeh LITERALLY get out of my head. I said exactly that. Maim focus should be reliability and inexpensive maintenance. Its a daily. Cheaper maintenance means more money for g parts.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #84459
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
Timmeh LITERALLY get out of my head. I said exactly that. Maim focus should be reliability and inexpensive maintenance. Its a daily. Cheaper maintenance means more money for g parts.
but it feels nice in here. very home-y.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #84460
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
it.

lulz jk
Sell/Partout Subaru: $2000
Sell BMW: $9000
Sell CBR: $2500
Insurance Money (Estimated:) $2000
Sell 3 sets of extra wheels/tries for BMW: $2500

$18,000 + $7k loan =

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...20869227&Log=0
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon , ff men cursed , hide yo kids , hide yo wife , in before the lock , kyle is troll king , mi euro-trash thread , toots was here
-->