Michigan people - Page 7660 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #76591
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Fan#: 51657
What I Drive: 1984 Rabbit L

FF Reputation: 5 blkfocuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Morning.

Any of you guys have Sprint? I'm thinking about being a big boy and getting my own cellphone plan lol. Their unlimited data plan is very appealing (especially at only $80) due to my work situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #76592
beat3rfocus
I hate you!!!!!

Fan#: 3178
What I Drive: Red 1990 Miata Hardtop

FF Reputation: 11 beat3rfocus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Morning, Verizon here, sorry not much help.

Also tax man visit yesterday went good, just not as much return as last year, actually only a 1/3 from last year. Damn making more money!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #76593
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkfocuszx3 View Post
Morning.

Any of you guys have Sprint? I'm thinking about being a big boy and getting my own cellphone plan lol. Their unlimited data plan is very appealing (especially at only $80) due to my work situation.
I do, I'm on an unlimited family plan. It works out better for me because the plan is in my name but I have my brothers and mom on the plan so it winds up being about $60 a month for me and $50 a month for them because they dont have 4g phones. (prices include insurance on the phones and I get a 25% discount through work)

I'd definitely look into sprint discounts I know they even have different discounts if you bank at certain places etc.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #76594
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
I do, I'm on an unlimited family plan. It works out better for me because the plan is in my name but I have my brothers and mom on the plan so it winds up being about $60 a month for me and $50 a month for them because they dont have 4g phones. (prices include insurance on the phones and I get a 25% discount through work)

I'd definitely look into sprint discounts I know they even have different discounts if you bank at certain places etc.
Interesting thanks for that info. I was just going to order online but if there is maybe some deals that I'm unaware of that a store employee might help me out with that would be nice.

What phone do you use? How's the internet speed?

I can't do Verizon, their data plans are wayyyy too expensive. 450 mins, unlimited text and 5gb of data is $30 more than Sprint. I can't have any less than 5gbs due to work I'd rip through 2gbs in no time.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #76595
sjdwales
Wales!!

Fan#: 46854
What I Drive: 11 mustang

FF Reputation: 13 sjdwales Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
the company cell phones at work are sprint and they suck, i have Verizon. if you work for ford or Bosch its like 20-25% off a month for sprint/Verizon. at aco it was like 12%? I bet you should be able to get some kind of discount.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #76596
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Cool, I don't work at any of those places but I do work at Kroger and I know they've been known to have "secret" discounts at random places.

Jake has Sprint and his phone seems to work well. He gets much better service than I do now with t-mobile. When we went to Carlisle for AFN my phone didn't work at all, no service what so ever. When we went to H2oi I only had service in select locations but my data rarely worked.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #76597
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Didn't Verizon have a double data promo going on? Saw it on TV. 4 gb for price of 2 gb. See if the deal is still going on. I know people at Verizon that could prob hook you up with contract and mail you your phone through Verizon. He got my razr maxx from 300 to 200 and got it next day even though they were "out of stock"
Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #76598
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
Didn't Verizon have a double data promo going on? Saw it on TV. 4 gb for price of 2 gb. See if the deal is still going on. I know people at Verizon that could prob hook you up with contract and mail you your phone through Verizon. He got my razr maxx from 300 to 200 and got it next day even though they were "out of stock"
If it worked for all data amounts like if I did 5gb and they doubled it to 10 I'd consider it. Also that would be only if that continued to stay like that. 4gbs would be iffy, I've hit 5gbs once and been warned of hitting it other times near the end of the month.

Anyway i think I'm going to go with Sprint and hope they're internet speed is good. I Googled Kroger discounts with Sprint and turns out I qualify for 22% off woot! Thanks guys for filling me in on the job discount stuff.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #76599
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If I didn't have unlimited vzw I'd be screwed lol
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #76600
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

My co-worker has Verizon and supposedly has an unlimited plan because he's grandfathered in or whatever. They recently notified him that since he is in the top 5% of data users in the country that they were going to have to cut his data speed after 5gbs. Which is what T-mobile does to me now, once they cut the speed the internet and everything else is nearly unusable.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here