Michigan people - Page 7528 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #75271
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Fan#: 51657
What I Drive: 1984 Rabbit L

FF Reputation: 5 blkfocuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill2489 View Post
sleep mode after too long as in sitting on too long? or a long time of use and then sleep?
Like if my girlfriend is doing the tumblr thing or Facebook for more than 40 minutes. It shuts off (seems like sleep mode) and you have to hit a keyboard button or move the mouse to get it to come back on. It will continually do this until you let it sit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #75272
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
try looking into the power setting and see if something somehow is set to go to sleep. thats really odd. does the comp have a temp read out you can look at of the gpu and cpu? ive never used a Mac so idk how much help i can be haha. but thats where i would start on my PC
Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #75273
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32T, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Could you have some other vacuum leak somewhere?

On the Jetta I blew a vacuum cap off the throttle body and it idled like absolute poop and would probably have died unless i kept the rez up.. and it drove ok when at speed.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #75274
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Quote:
try looking into the power setting and see if something somehow is set to go to sleep. thats really odd. does the comp have a temp read out you can look at of the gpu and cpu? ive never used a Mac so idk how much help i can be haha. but thats where i would start on my PC
I downloaded a program to check temp a while back and around 90 degrees or so it would shut off. Idk if that's high or not.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #75275
jwill2489
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78236
What I Drive: 2003 SVT JRSC w/BBK

FF Reputation: 4 jwill2489 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Could you have some other vacuum leak somewhere?

On the Jetta I blew a vacuum cap off the throttle body and it idled like absolute poop and would probably have died unless i kept the rez up.. and it drove ok when at speed.
well its only rough at idle. its 100% fine when driving, no bogging, no roughness. only at idle. and from time to time it will just stall in idle. rarely tho.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #75276
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32T, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
^ That's exactly how my Jetta acted when I blew off the vacuum cap. Check for a vac leak of some sort.

Also this **Please be careful (if and when we get snow on the east side) so you don't end up like me last year with the black car**

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #75277
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
haha, fswerks said it wouldnt matter. it wouldnt affect it. but it runs now with 4 working plug wires haha. next i gotta look into the IMRC, but no idea how to know if its bad or not. somethings making it idle rough. the hose going into the throttle body felt okay, didnt feel any holes or rips. so i may have to buy a new IMRC.

then timing belt as soon as warmer weather gets here. i believe matt and i are gonna tackle it sometime. gotta talk to him more about it. anyone else wanna help with it?
it's NOT the IMRC. especially with what you said later about the only roughness being at idle... the IAC is setup to accept a 12V input, i'd unbolt it from the intake and see if it moves when you do a cold start... it should open a little to help the engine run better (which is why a gasser idles high when it's cold) also there should be a cold temp enrichment in the fuel map, if they didn't include that then ask for a refund because that's retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkfocuszx3 View Post
I downloaded a program to check temp a while back and around 90 degrees or so it would shut off. Idk if that's high or not.
most of those programs read in either C or F if it's C then of course your comp was going to turn itself off... most computer (and consumer) electronics are only rated up to 105 degrees C... i'd guess you have a cooling issue... have you tried opening the case and blowing out the dust with some canned air?

also run filters on your fans in the future so that you don't have this problem as often (plus cleaning filters is a LOT easier than cleaning the whole case)

does that count as working on your computer? i may have broken my own rule.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #75278
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

I've wanted to open up the case for a while, just don't have the proper tool. I've tried the canned air thing but just through the vent in the back.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #75279
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
well putting it through the vent in the back will just kick up what's in there...

it needs a clean.. the G5 is an OLD machine.

and ya either get the right tool from ifixit, or kiss your fancy white case goodbye.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #75280
blkfocuszx3
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Nice thanks, had no clue about ifixit. Lots of good info on there, I guess I'll give it a whirl fixing it. Worse thing I guess is I can't fix it or break something which is no biggie because I don't currently use the damn thing anyway.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon , ff men cursed , hide yo kids , hide yo wife , in before the lock , kyle is troll king , mi euro-trash thread , toots was here
-->