Michigan people - Page 6444 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #64431
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfuryt550 View Post
The macs you used in your schooling years ago are nothing like the ones from today.

I used to very heavily dislike them also back in the day.

Macs are very stable. Macs retain extreme market value. I mean, for example, you can buy a 3 yr old MacBook pro for 70% of original retail cost. Try that with a pc or ANY other brand of electronics.

All the android users who hate on apple are no better. You hopped on your own "droid" bandwagon and hate on another product just because you can. So don't think your hipster remarks are credible in any means.

Yes, there are many uneducated and uninformed people who buy them JUST bc they are pretty. Those are your "hipsters," no matter that brand they choose to buy.

And as always...you get what you pay for.
One of my closest friends works at the local apple store we have had debates about this many times. these are the general conclusions we've come too between myself, Josh (works for Apple) and Ben (who is an IT guy for spectrum health, he knows windows computers like the back of his hand)

Their computers: Are great/stable/a gift from God whatever but they are expensive for the hardware you get and anyone who says otherwise is lying. still doesnt make me want one any less than a pc though

The iPhone: over-priced piece of Poop. even Josh who sells dozens a day and can do things on his iPhone that 90% of the world doesnt even know you can do WITHOUT jailbreaking. admits that Androids have the lead in the cellular market. the only thing Apples iPhone does any better than any other phone on the market is take photo's with a clearer display and have a longer lasting battery. App/hardware wise you aren't missing out on any content by having an iPhone. Sure when the iPhone first came out you were but thats no longer the case.

also to the apple nerds who maintain that the iphone 4 camera is the best thing since sliced bread wtf?!?! most of you have SLR's and if its something you actually want a good picture of you will use your slr anyways so who cares?

lol

anyways thats all.
I like Apple/Windows/Droid.
I will continue to use my iPod for music because playlists/file managing is easiest for me in iTunes.
I will keep using PC's because thats what they use at work and I dont use a computer at home enough to warrant trying to get up to the same proficiency level I am at on 7
I will keep using my Droid because it offers more of everything I want compared to the iPhone.

I dont hate people who like any of them.
Jeff and I started out teasing about this but Andrei took the butt sore apple defender path and opened up a huge mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #64432
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Also I dont want to see anybody come in here telling me that AT&T's 3g is as fast as 4g service.

We have video documented proof of my droid loading Yahoo.com, Woot.com, and Youtube.com faster than a windows7 phone and the iPhone4 by a good 5-10 seconds before the page is fully loaded/images and flash included.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #64433
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
ya shit happens.

at 25% off macbook was totally worth it. i regret my iphone, can't wait for my droid to get here.
Originally Posted by beat3rfocus View Post
Catia is a dirty tramp, until you figure out its sweet spots, and how to make it moan. Then its easy as apple pie on a fall afternoon.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #64434
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 04 G35, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I like my iPhone. It does what I want it to do. I'm sure I'd like the droid just as much if/when I decide to switch. I'm not all crazy into electronicy things so it does what I want on a system I'm familiar with. End of story
Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #64435
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^ that
Originally Posted by beat3rfocus View Post
Catia is a dirty tramp, until you figure out its sweet spots, and how to make it moan. Then its easy as apple pie on a fall afternoon.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #64436
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

The shop just called.
they want $600 parts and labor to install new turbo to downpipe studs and gasket.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #64437
Wagamos
Stock

Fan#: 21396
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3; 03 ZX3 PZEV

FF Reputation: 13 Wagamos Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Waaaaaaaaat!!!!! Wtf happened to car bradley!??!??!

I will be ignoring any apple discussion from here on out. To me they are still overpriced, and honestly after 5 years both the pc and mac would be paperweights and owners would want new ones. Also Ive heard both ends of the apple warranty spectrum. That being said, im done, it was started as me teasing andrei as bradley said. I guess no one understands that on teh internets anymore.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #64438
standard
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72671
What I Drive: wrx

FF Reputation: 2 standard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ah a mac vs PC battle.

Macs are overpriced for the equipment, by FARRR. You can build a more powerful PC for less than half I'd imagine.. And if you have any computer knowledge at all it's hard to actually GET a virus. I've never not once had one from MY doing on my computer. My parents on the other hand... they click on anything. All you have to do is use common sense and a good program to scan torrents and other files you may download on the internet that could corrupt you - oh, and never use IE because you're begging to be backdoor'd. ;)

That said, Mac OS system is nice, it's comfy and easier to use IMO. Linux > Mac, thus PC > mac.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #64439
Wagamos
Stock

Also side note, I cant remember the first time I did my trans if I left the trans in there and was just able to separate the engine from the trans to just do the clutch or if I pulled it. I dont remember dealing with the axles and the gear oil the first time... I know I did second time b/c I had trans rebuilt...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #64440
Wagamos
Stock

Bah looks like we did drop the trans the first time looking at old pics.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here