Michigan people - Page 6442 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #64411
Chas
Licensed Shrink

Fan#: 49800
What I Drive: 2014 Mocha Bronze Chevy Sonic 1.4T

FF Reputation: 1 Chas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 my ZX3 View Post
really? you ever use a linux computer?

ever use the terminal on a mac?

macs are just as powerful if not more, they're definitely more stable. they're pricey but they last a LONG time.

just because they have a reputation for being easy to use doesn't mean they can't be powerful too.

but whatever, knowing you your opinion will never change and that's fine but i'll try this once.
qft, and gg wag.

sure they are expensive but their customer service is top of the line, worth the money for the quality of product and if ANYTHING goes wrong, they'll replace it. my step bro dropped his macbook pro two years ago and broke the frame, he took it in and they replaced the whole frame free. and my friend has had his macbook for 5 years, 0 problems. ive had mine for a a little over 3 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #64412
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
The macs you used in your schooling years ago are nothing like the ones from today.

I used to very heavily dislike them also back in the day.

Macs are very stable. Macs retain extreme market value. I mean, for example, you can buy a 3 yr old MacBook pro for 70% of original retail cost. Try that with a pc or ANY other brand of electronics.

All the android users who hate on apple are no better. You hopped on your own "droid" bandwagon and hate on another product just because you can. So don't think your hipster remarks are credible in any means.

Yes, there are many uneducated and uninformed people who buy them JUST bc they are pretty. Those are your "hipsters," no matter that brand they choose to buy.

And as always...you get what you pay for.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #64413
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Mac OS X currently has over 1,400 vulnerabilities, to Windows 7s 93...

Just Saying...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #64414
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
where you pulling that data from kyle?

if you can give me a citation then i'll gladly say macs are more vulnerable.

they are, however, far less targeted as well.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #64415
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Your point?

There are over 103,000 pc viruses and a handful of Mac ones.

Osx snow leopard includes built in malware control for every single thing out there to date and changes with each update.

There are, however, some worms and Trojans that could get through. But seriously, you have better luck hitting the lottery than getting your Mac messed up from a virus.

If you can find me 3 people who had their mac computers messed up due to "vulnerabilities" or any type of infection, I stand corrected.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #64416
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Just one simple thing that I like about macs: been using MacBook pro for 1.5 hours and have 91% battery left with 12 hours and 38 min remaining.

There is hardly any other manufactured that could even get half that in a loaded computer
Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #64417
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

i'm a fan of 3.06GHz of speed 500GB of storage 4GB of RAM and 2 video cards depending on what i need.

and lots of shiny aluminum :D
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #64418
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfuryt550 View Post
The macs you used in your schooling years ago are nothing like the ones from today.

I used to very heavily dislike them also back in the day.

Macs are very stable. Macs retain extreme market value. I mean, for example, you can buy a 3 yr old MacBook pro for 70% of original retail cost. Try that with a pc or ANY other brand of electronics.

All the android users who hate on apple are no better. You hopped on your own "droid" bandwagon and hate on another product just because you can. So don't think your hipster remarks are credible in any means.

Yes, there are many uneducated and uninformed people who buy them JUST bc they are pretty. Those are your "hipsters," no matter that brand they choose to buy.

And as always...you get what you pay for.
One of my closest friends works at the local apple store we have had debates about this many times. these are the general conclusions we've come too between myself, Josh (works for Apple) and Ben (who is an IT guy for spectrum health, he knows windows computers like the back of his hand)

Their computers: Are great/stable/a gift from God whatever but they are expensive for the hardware you get and anyone who says otherwise is lying. still doesnt make me want one any less than a pc though

The iPhone: over-priced piece of Poop. even Josh who sells dozens a day and can do things on his iPhone that 90% of the world doesnt even know you can do WITHOUT jailbreaking. admits that Androids have the lead in the cellular market. the only thing Apples iPhone does any better than any other phone on the market is take photo's with a clearer display and have a longer lasting battery. App/hardware wise you aren't missing out on any content by having an iPhone. Sure when the iPhone first came out you were but thats no longer the case.

also to the apple nerds who maintain that the iphone 4 camera is the best thing since sliced bread wtf?!?! most of you have SLR's and if its something you actually want a good picture of you will use your slr anyways so who cares?

lol

anyways thats all.
I like Apple/Windows/Droid.
I will continue to use my iPod for music because playlists/file managing is easiest for me in iTunes.
I will keep using PC's because thats what they use at work and I dont use a computer at home enough to warrant trying to get up to the same proficiency level I am at on 7
I will keep using my Droid because it offers more of everything I want compared to the iPhone.

I dont hate people who like any of them.
Jeff and I started out teasing about this but Andrei took the butt sore apple defender path and opened up a huge mess.
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #64419
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Also I dont want to see anybody come in here telling me that AT&T's 3g is as fast as 4g service.

We have video documented proof of my droid loading Yahoo.com, Woot.com, and Youtube.com faster than a windows7 phone and the iPhone4 by a good 5-10 seconds before the page is fully loaded/images and flash included.
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #64420
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

ya shit happens.

at 25% off macbook was totally worth it. i regret my iphone, can't wait for my droid to get here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
aku & oberon, ff men cursed, hide yo kids, hide yo wife, in before the lock, kyle is troll king, mi euro-trash thread, toots was here