New System Setup......PICS - '07 focus ST - 56K beware - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
pfry10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 37809
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 pfry10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New System Setup......PICS - '07 focus ST - 56K beware

TEASER...

Here is the complete run-down of my new setup. I went w/ the Pioneer AVH-6800 DVD HU, the Pioneer SIR-PNR2 for Sirisu Sat. radio, and also the Bluetooth adapter for Phone connection, Pioneer CD-BTB100. I'm going to combine a lot of other people work that I've researched on here so if you see you're picture, thanks a lot for your help a long the way.

1. Started out the normal way of removing the center console. Starting w/ the removal of the screw in each of the front cup holder. There is also a screw in the back cupholder that is covered by a cap. Be very careful removing this car, it can be damaged very easily. I got it off w/ a very small flathead screwdriver.

2. Once you have those removed, the ARMREST is next. There is a front panel covering the 2 screws holding the armrest down. The panel is behind the armrest if you are sitting in the back seat. It's held in by plastic, so grab ahold by the sides near the top and pull back. Will need a little force but dont be too rough with it. Once it is off, take out the 2 screws and then pull the armrest toward the backseat. Will come right out.

3. You now have all the screws removed in order to remove the center console. Take the trim ring around the shift boot out. Just grab the vinyl at the back of the stick shift and pull toward the stick. will come out. For the time being, pull all the way to the top. Dont remove!
"Pull the e-brake up as far as it will go, then start to lift the console up from the rear. As you start to pull it over the e-brake, reach under and slide the boot up over the end of the brake handle. You might have to slide the console around a little to be able to fully clear the e-brake, and also might need to shift gears. Next you will need to pop the shift boot bezel out of the console. Just pop the retaining clip and lift out. Now, you should be able to toss the center console off to the side." (courtesy of GAfocusZX3) Any more questions regarding this removal, see his post http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=39770

4. REMOVAL OF STOCK STEREO....pull down on the little tray below the HVAC controls. (will come right out). Then stick your hand behind the opening and push at the HVAC control. The bottom part will push out, and then grab each side and pull at the top to up clip the other spots. After the clips are all out, unhook the 12V adapter and pull the Bezel out. Once that is out, there is 4 bolt screws that hold the stereo in. Remove those and the stock stereo will pull right out.

5. BIG STEP HERE......Fellow member JayH helped me a lot on this step. Whether you are installing this HU or another, I highly recommend crutchfield because they will help you get the right wiring harness and kit. (whether you buy the stereo or anything from them, PM me for me info on that) I used the double din kit from them (part #003FMK542) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QeggLZ8...5521&s=0&cc=01 and also their wiring harness for an AUDIOPHILE system. (#120705521) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QeggLZ8...K542&s=0&cc=01 Integrate them into your aftermarket.

6. SIRIUS UNIT - I installed the antenna about the driver door and ran the wire down below the side of the windshield and inside the car.

7. BLUETOOTH UNIT....I ran the microphone from my visor and then down the left side of the drivers door on the inside of the foam (?) area.

8. I RAN BOTH BOTH THE WIRES FOR THE BLUETOOTH AND THE SIRUS TO UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT. MAINLY BECAUSE THE WIRE FOR THE SIRIUS WERE VERY SHORT. I RAN THEM DOWN THE CENTER CONSOLE AND THEN UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT. IF YOU NEED ANY HELP AT THIS POINT, JUST PM ME BECAUSE THIS TREAD IS GETTING LONG. UNDER EACH SEAT SHOULD BE A HOLE CUT INTO THE CARPET. I PLACED ALL THE XTRA WIRES INTO THE HOLE AND UNDER THE CARPET.

9. PACKAGE ALL THE WIRES BACK UP SO THEY CAN FIT IN THERE AND PUT ALL OF THE REST OF THE PIECES BACK INTO THE CAR.

10. FINISHING RESULT

THATS ABOUT IT FROM MY INSTALL......ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT SOMETHING I LEFT OUT OR I MISSED......PM ME

ST Crew #47

2007 Focus ST - Pitch Black

Last edited by pfry10; 09-08-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
DaZeDFoCuS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8854
What I Drive: 02 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 2 DaZeDFoCuS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
dayuuuum. HOT SHIT!

Remember these 3 words: cheap, reliable, fast.
You can have 2 of them, but the third will not apply.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
focusedintentions
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7850
What I Drive: 07 Infiniti G35 6mt coupe silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusedintentions Good Standing Member
very hot! i'm about to get something similar for my whip :)
My SVT is #604 of 1079
One of 104 with EAP
Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Kayak_man
iCTHEWORLDINMYKAYAK!

Fan#: 30025
What I Drive: 2001, twilight blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 13 Kayak_man Great Standing Member
nice system-- and great pictures!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
loudfocus01
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26006
What I Drive: 2001 White LX 2002 Infra-Red Svt

FF Reputation: 107 loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Memberloudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Is it touch screen? Looks good btw.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #6
pfry10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by loudfocus01
Is it touch screen? Looks good btw.
yup, it's a touch screen. Very easy navigating around the spots on the stereo. Just touch and go.
ST Crew #47

Last edited by pfry10; 09-08-2006 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
XOFocusChickXO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38702
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 XOFocusChickXO Good Standing Member
That looks great I like that radio !! How's the picture and DVD quality on it I hear it is supposed be real good.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
matt144
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38820
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 matt144 Good Standing Member
very nice!
FC CAI
TRI-AX/F STS
Old 09-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #9
poisonivory
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 898
What I Drive: 2003 Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 poisonivory Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
very sweet setup!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #10
pfry10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for your comments. THE DVD quality is very good. very close to watching DVD's on your home dvd player. The picture is clear and audio is great!
ST Crew #47

Bookmarks & Social Networks