Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF *LOCKED* - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #81
hogy72
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4391
What I Drive: 02 infrared SVT

FF Reputation: 1 hogy72 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Ive been gettting dicked around with my xcal 1 + 6 months of updates since OCTOBER! Emailed back and forth for awhile and as soon as I spoke of a refund with daeron i was ignored.

complete bull shit

I have an xcal1 thats mine, but its locked to an DIFFERENT ECU(random stock tune is on the tuner) and my update money down the drain for the last 11 months.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #82
fastfocus21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29242
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fastfocus21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guys this is some scary stuff im reading. I placed an order on the hypill website on auguest 22 and all it says is my order is still pending. Does anyone know how to cancel the order?

Focus Sport CAI, Cosworth 67mm TB Draxas 4-1Headers, FC strut bar
MagnaFlow cat-back, steeda STS
Steeda Rear Swaybar
Eibach Sportline struts/springs

Old 09-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #83
Damage
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10682
What I Drive: 04 ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 Damage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally posted by SkaAddict
Tom has long been of the opinion that making a tune for a non-SVT Zetec is useless because 1) there's very little that can be done on a stock setup to increase power, and 2) if you're dealing with a non-stock setup there's too many variables for a one-size-fits-all tune like he has for the SVT.

Now I'm not sure if he does tuning via e-mail if you have mods...you'd have to contact him about that, but I will say that if you take the time to go to his shop and have him put your car on the dyno he's very reputable. I went to him in May of '05 for a Quaife and 4.06 gears, and he went out of his way to pick me up at the hotel I was staying at for the two days that he had my car out of commission so I wouldn't have to just sit at the hotel all day, and he even took me to dinner with him and his wife one night. If he was still in the turbo business there'd be no question in my mind where to go for a turbo.
Tom is now doing mail order tunes for both SVT's and modified Zetec's using the SCT. Check out his part of the forum.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #84
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfocus21
Hey guys this is some scary stuff im reading. I placed an order on the hypill website on auguest 22 and all it says is my order is still pending. Does anyone know how to cancel the order?
Unfortunately, I think Wayne is the only one who can cancel the order. However, You do have options to get your money back. If you paid by credit card then you can dispute the charges or if you used Paypal, you can file a claim with them.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #85
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Update from the Moderators on FocusFanatics Position:

Please be patient for just a little bit longer folks.
FocusFanatics does not make it a practice to cancel vendors' contracts, and Wayne's current campaign ends October 1st.
This is an opportunity for Wayne to step in and set the record straight.
If there's no action taken by Ocotber 1st his forum area will be removed, as well as any banner adds.

On a personal note, I like Wayne and have spoken to him numerous times, though we haven't talked since the first part of this year.
I have no idea if his issues are personal or business related, but most of all, I really hope he's doing OK.

However, on the other hand, I have to agree with the masses on FF.
It doesn't do any good for the reputation of the site to allow a vendor to continue to advertise while it's members are getting scammed.
Thanks for you time.

Doug(WD40)

Old 09-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #86
CrazyMatt
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
One thing that I want to point out, Doug... and seriously THANK YOU for keeping us all updated with your posts... is this:

I have a feeling that either Daeron, or Wayne himself, is going to 'magically' show up at the end of the month.. right at the final moment.. and come back and say "oh hey.. we're back, blah blah blah.. so don't cancel our contract" and then, they will probably disappear again, just to keep the contract going.

Are you guys going to renew his contract in an instance like this, KNOWING his talent for disappearing, and then say "oh.. well... we can't cancel his contract now because we just renewed it..."

If that happenes.. MORE people are going to get scammed, more people are going to lose money, and the reputation of this board is going to go into the toilet for supporting a scam artist.

Are there safeguards in place to prevent this from happening, or if he pops up, signs a new check for the affiliate fee, says "i'm Sorry" is he gonna get his contract renewed?

In my opnion.... send him packing. He's already caused more harm than any of the good he has done, and new people are STILL getting scammed.

Just my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!

Old 09-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #87
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Time will tell Matt, for now, take what Doug posted as the current position the staff here at FF are standing with.

It's up to Wayne now......... hopefully he'll come on here and answer the many questions and make some resolution to all the incidents that have happenned.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #88
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

He should have to start over from scratch, maybe as an affilate (A closely watched one at that), and rebuild trust with the community. Once he has regained his once stellar reputation, then I'm all for him having his own forum again. I somehow doubt that he will want to re-establish himself that way though. He'll probably stick to his own website. Honestly, I do hope he is ok because the last time he was having family problems he was at least keeping his friends in the know, but now even they don't know what's going on.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #89
Clegg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25626
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Clegg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I agree with matt, if he comes back with a last minute "I was busy, family, blah blah blah" and then the Wayne apologists (which there are less and less of them) will come back with "SEE HES BACK AND HES GREAT!" then wait a few weeks and rinse/repeat.
2008 Blue VDub R32 #3858 of 5000

Traded in: 2002 Infra-Red SVT #2992 of 4788 Born on June 20th 2002

Old 09-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #90
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

^^Yeah, I know. That's the trap I fell in. I thought, oh he has a partner (Daeron) now. He's back and now he has someone to help keep him straight. For a couple of weeks it looked like it was working too. So, I placed an order then abracadabra shiznittlebamsnipsnapsack Wayne was gone again!
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks