DEALS GAP NORTH CAROLINA SEPT 29th-OCT 1ST: YOUR INVITED! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: Florida

Fanatics: Florida Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Florida areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
1SVTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37787
What I Drive: 2004 SVT EAP ZX5 #249

FF Reputation: 1 1SVTFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
DEALS GAP NORTH CAROLINA SEPT 29th-OCT 1ST: YOUR INVITED!

I am going up to Deals Gap North Carolina on Sept 29th(a friday) and coming back on Oct 2nd(monday). I am going to visit one of my good freinds and fellow SVTF owner to go run Deals Gap AKA "the dragon" or US129 on a MAP.

For those of you who dont know this road is almost as legendary as Route66 and Is highly prized for its amazing driving experience(and sceanery). Some quick info on it is: Its 1000-2100+ feet above sea level, iot borders the smokey mountian national park and runs accross the North Carolina/Tennese Border. It is an amazing road, I have personaly been to 2 times as a Foci Owner and can't get enough of it.

I am greatly looking foward to going. I wanted to invite every one with a focus if they can to come up to Deals Gap and run it with us.

As of right now 3 Of us will be caravaning from Florida Up there Me(Silver SVT ZX5 EAP), My friend Aaron(orange SVT EAP ZX5) and Rich (Red SVT ZX5)

We will be Meeting My friend Ryan up there he is in Cullowehee(SP) he has a SVT ZX3.

I am hoping more people would be up to running with us on 1 or both days (saturday or sunday) If your in North Carolina come on out! I'd like nothing more than to have more foci run and meet some Foci Owners

Obviosly us FL peeps will be staying in a hotel near by and if you want to do the same PM me or post here as I am in the process of choosing a hotel for us to stay at.

Info on the dragon can be found here http://www.tailofthedragon.com/index.html

If yor coming from FL it gunna be anbout 200-300 bux in Gas plus the price of hotel and food (im looking @ about 600 bux or less total) I also plan on having double occupancy or getting a big hotel room so we can sleep a bunch of people for a good price.

Post if your interested in coming from any where. Again the dates we will be up there is Sept 29th-Oct 2nd and we will be running on Sat(30th) and sunday (the 1st)

We will have video cams to take video of the trip as well as quite a few high powered digi cams. I plan on making the most out of the trip, it should be a ton of fun driving the road as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway, CHEROHALA SKYWAY, and the Fontana Dam. All of the sites should be amazing.

So come on out for an exellent vacation and learn more about your focus and meet some people! We will also do maybe a dinner or breakfast on each day to talk it up about our cars ect. Between the bunch of us It should be very informal and you can learn alot.

Post up with any interest!

Nick

SVT Squad #258
Mean what you say, Say what you mean.

Last edited by 1SVTFocus; 09-05-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
nickouellettesvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33575
What I Drive: 2002 focus svt

FF Reputation: 2 nickouellettesvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would go...but I am too poor, having no job is killing me
Old 09-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
03svtrmc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 37828
What I Drive: 03 red svt zx5

FF Reputation: 1 03svtrmc Good Standing Member
hell yea im game i love back roads i hate this flat stright highways i need so twisties cant wait any one else eh eh i kno u want to join us later
Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
mustanggtandgsxr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37457
What I Drive: 02 svtf, 05 zx5

FF Reputation: 1 mustanggtandgsxr Good Standing Member
im trying to go well see what happens sounds like alot of fun.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
1SVTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Head up for any one who wants to come last call is this weekend as I will be making the hotel reservations on monday.
SVT Squad #258
Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
Scott_SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21836
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black w/Blue int SVT

FF Reputation: 4 Scott_SVT Good Standing Member
That place is a heck of a good time, I was just out there again last month. Just remember to take it a little slow at first, some of those curves bank weird. Expect to heat up your brakes quite a bit, so if you are nearing a replacement anyway, do it before you head out. Check your tires for treadlife also, you'll need it!!

I lifted up my back wheel on the first hard switchback cause it goes uphill then quickly downhill, then curves, so the bank is backwards for a brief minute.
Its easy to compensate for if you remember about it, but I hadn't remembered about it and entered the corner a bit too fast. I had enough room to correct and set it back down again, but it could have been messy if I hadn't reacted correctly.

Keep in mind, US129 is a fun road for a lot longer than just 'the tail of the dragon'!
After you leave out of there, head towards Murphy, N.C. and continue to take US129 south. Down the mountains that road is a blast for MILES!

I'd head back out again for that weekend, but its my son's b-day and we have plans. You guys have fun!!
SVT SQUAD #8
Hurray!! a Squad! how umm... stupid....
Old 09-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
PitchBlack06ZX3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 35836
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 PitchBlack06ZX3 Good Standing Member
ill try and get there need to get the time off. i just got back i was there in august.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #8
1SVTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

If you can get off tell me as soon as possible. So I can give you details on the treck up there. Also so I can grab a reservation on a hotel room.
SVT Squad #258
Old 09-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #9
PitchBlack06ZX3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 35836
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 PitchBlack06ZX3 Good Standing Member
No time off. I'll be up there again soon enough. What would be cool is to set up a big meet like the mini's and others have up there.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #10
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Damnit I told myself next time there was a meet on the dragons tail i would go but as of right now lack of funds is making ithard to just pay my bills.

Its also sucks even harder b/c I could meet youguys near the top of florida and somewhere and caravan with you. I never had a real chance to do that other than driving around during a meet.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->